Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?
I have an Olympus Stylus with the f/3.5 lens. It's fun and sharp and I got one off craigslist for $5. It does make a hell of a noise when it snaps though. Click, flash, WHHHHIIRRRR.

AIIAZNSK8ER fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Feb 8, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?
Stupid question time, is the A11 flash on an XA at all useful?

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?
Drunk posting from PAX East but, the XA is the most amazing camera I've ever used, God willing the exposure comes out. I was wandering about Boston, and it feels so good to use compared to a DSLR.

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?
Turns out that I miss focus a lot with my XA, I'm pretty confident that it's user error though. Because the first one I got jammed on me after one roll, I'm super paranoid about the fragility of the working one I have now. I freak out a little each time I load a new roll in.

Here's a bunch that look OK web size.

xa fashion boston st paddy-1-5 by AIIAZNSK8ER, on Flickr

xa fashion boston st paddy-7 by AIIAZNSK8ER, on Flickr

xa fashion boston st paddy-1-4 by AIIAZNSK8ER, on Flickr

This is a typical scene from PAX and a personal favorite photo from my trip.

xa fashion boston st paddy-10 by AIIAZNSK8ER, on Flickr

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?
I go to my local Ritz. I save up my rolls and have them scanned to one CD and it saves me a little money. Last time I took in two 24 exp rolls with only negatives and CD, and it was $13 done in an hour.

Sams Club was really cheap, like $5 with prints and scanning, but my store sucks at processing. They scratched my negatives on two separate occassions and scanned them all half frame once. So I quit going.

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?

nonanone posted:

already have to have a membership though.

Being Asian gives us a passive racial ability to be a member, because your mom or auntie signs up the whole family at a time.

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?
Went to a dance party on Saturday and for camera safety brought my Stylus, got some decent snaps. For $10 it's a much sharper image than what a digital point and shoot can pull off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?

brad industry posted:

These three are awesome, That second one is framed perfectly with the horses.

• Locked thread