Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cosmic Charlie
Apr 6, 2009

How do you do? Truckin' in style along the avenue
Right-O, I am not yet a photographer, but I would like to pick it up as a hobby, and this seems to be the most appropriate thread for my question. I would normally lurk, but I really need some guidance on this one as time may be an issue, and you guy's seem to be a great resource.
I have found a "Canon eos rebel k2 35mm" on craigslist for $40, it seems like a great deal, but I don't know enough about the camera, or photography in general to make a wise decision. I know it takes film, and I would have to get it developed, and that's about the extent of my knowledge. Is there anything else I should know before buying? Is this a lovely camera? Is this deal as great as I think it is?
Really any thoughts at all would be appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmic Charlie
Apr 6, 2009

How do you do? Truckin' in style along the avenue

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Also, this is a great loving deal. You should jump on that deal ASAP. That camera + a nice lens can easily cost $200 and up, so even if you just get tired of it in a few weeks and resell it, it's still a good move on your part.

Also, photography is pretty much the tits.

Frankly, as that camera is a rather modern SLR, you may be overwhelmed, but I learned on a Canon 30D as my first camera so you should have no trouble picking it up as long as you keep on shooting and take your camera with you everywhere. It's ironic that you would post this in a point and shoot thread as that would probably suit you much better, but go for it.

Thank you so much :) I really do have a lot to learn, but you gotta start somewhere right. And yeah, I just saw the 35mm in the title in the front page "Popular Threads" box, checked the dorkroom rules and here I am. Anyway, thanks again, may your pictures make powerful men say Hmmmmmmm and stroke their beards slowly.

• Locked thread