Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ScreaminKing
Feb 26, 2002

I was punched in the face. What's your excuse?
I've been meaning to post in this thread for a while. Sometimes I go to these camera shows in my area and buy whatever P&S's look cool.

Here are my P&S + rangefinders that qualify for this thread:
Contax T2 (My absolute favourite. For some reason it's just magic with b&w film)
Yashica Micro Finesse (Kind of similar to a T4)
Olympus Stylus Epic
Lomo LC-A+
Leica C2 Zoom (One of those "not really a Leica" Leica's)
Canon QL17
Konica C35V

I think all my Polaroid's should count too....but I'm not one to argue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScreaminKing
Feb 26, 2002

Pompous Rhombus posted:

I used to buy Seagulls (or the equivalent, there were a number of Chinese TLR's that copied the design but used a different name) for $15 or less at the photography market when I was studying in Beijing.

I wound up giving them to photographer friends (along with a few 88 cent rolls of Lucky 100 in 120) as gifts when I got back. :shobon:

Are cameras/film cheap in China? I have a friend coming to visit next month from Hong Kong, should I ask her to pick me up something?

ScreaminKing
Feb 26, 2002

Pompous Rhombus posted:

HK, not so much, although the stuff from mainland China that's made it over there probably wouldn't be outrageous. Lucky and Shanghai are the two Chinese brands of film I know, they're cheap and fun for playing around with, although now that I'm back in the US I normally pay the extra to shoot Acros.

I really regret not buying a Seagull 203 when I was there, although I guess for $100 shipped or so I could get one now.

I figured that was the case. Why do you have to be so expensively special Hong Kong. Too bad. Maybe I'll ask her to bring me some Lucky film, I've always been curious.

• Locked thread