Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RoflcopterPilot
Mar 17, 2004
What did the five fingers say to the face? SLAP!
I picked up a Yashica T2 about 6 months ago and I love it. It's my go to when I'm just cruising along. It's kind of loud which is both hilarious and kind of annoying but it's an awesome little camera. One day I'll pick up a T4 just to own one and I'm currently trying to find a Minolta Hi-Matic E that's in pretty good working condition. That Rollei 35 looks awesome though.

Both with the T2 and Superia x-tra 400.

edit: now with smaller pictures!

RoflcopterPilot fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Apr 30, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoflcopterPilot
Mar 17, 2004

RoflcopterPilot posted:

Are we allowed to talk about film p&s cameras or digital only? I've been trying to find a wide angle film p&s and all I've really come up with is the superheadz slim/ultra wide cameras but they're at 22mm and I was hoping for something wider but not a fisheye either. I was also hoping to avoid the "toy" cameras but I'm thinking that's the only way I could get such a wide angle in a p&s.

I'll just put this right here. Any suggestions?

RoflcopterPilot
Mar 17, 2004

Beerios posted:

The Superheadz ones are just differently-colored copies of the original Vivitar, right?

Yeah as far as I have read and asked people who own them, that is correct.

RoflcopterPilot
Mar 17, 2004

ExecuDork posted:

I'm still interested in this - make a thread!

Same. That sounds like fun.

I've been trying to find a black Ricoh 500G. I've heard they're pretty nifty and the only ones I've found have been in the $150+ range but they just look so slick :(

RoflcopterPilot
Mar 17, 2004
Does anybody know the difference between the yashica t3 vs the t4? I've read some small things but I guess I'm looking for any experience with them. The biggest I could find is the t3 has a 35/2.8 while the t4 has a 35/3.5 which is weird that a newer model would revert to the older lens on the t2. But yeah, anybody play with any of these?

RoflcopterPilot
Mar 17, 2004

grumblybear posted:

I've had several T4s and they are my favorite cameras, the 35/3.5 is an amazing lens. I'm actually selling one in the buy/sell thread, if anyone's interested ...

Coolness, thanks. I've been trying to come up on a T4 for a while now but I can't really justify paying some of the asking prices I've come across. Even ebay prices have been kind of crazy lately. Hopefully I can find one on the cheap one of these days.

RoflcopterPilot
Mar 17, 2004
I can't find a T4 anywhere :(

They used to go for $150ish and you'd be able to find a solid deal at around $100, but now they're all $200 or just not around. What is going onnnnnnnnnnn

VVV that's awesome. Can't wait until I can finally play with one. Post some snaps!...if you want.

RoflcopterPilot fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jul 24, 2011

RoflcopterPilot
Mar 17, 2004

Awkward Davies posted:

Well the color is good, the pictures are not that interesting :/. I do have some gripes about the T4, its very literally a point and shoot camera. I find the viewfinder extremely hard to use and not practical, so I just sort of ended up thrusting it out in front of me in the general direction of the picture I wanted to take.

Repost from SAD:

Very cool stuff. I've actually heard of that complaint before but I'm not surprised and I guess to a degree I expect that. Who needs to know what you're pointing at when you have a film p/s?!

RoflcopterPilot
Mar 17, 2004

FasterThanLight posted:

Yeah, my only complaint about the T4 is the lack of control. Supposedly, you can half-press the shutter button to lock focus/exposure, but I've never been able to get that to work. But it has the best lens of any P&S I've used (including the Leica Minilux), it's small, feels nice in your hand, and the waist-level finder is really neat.. If the controls were better, it would be perfect.

For sure. I've been using a Yashica T2 and the half-press focus lock really comes in handy. I've never had issues with it which makes it kind of surprising when people mention it with the T4. I wonder why it would be worse...but then again I also wonder why the T3 has a 2.8 lens and T4 was taken back to the 3.5 that the T2 has. Shrug.

Awkward Davies posted:

Well, on my XA I can see clearly through the view finder so I can actually put together a shot. Not so much on the T4. I'm paying enough per roll that I dont like to just blindly fire away. I guess I should start developing my own, if I only had a darkroom...

I feel you. I used to just shoot away sometimes but after a few rolls and adding up how much it cost to develop and get everything back, it definitely makes me rethink about blowing exposures like they're free.

RoflcopterPilot
Mar 17, 2004
One last question about the T4 and I swear I'll leave everybody alone. For those who have used the dateback, is it technically the same camera as the other versions...except with the date imprint? And also, there's no way you won't be able to change the date to anything at any time, or set it to not print right? I tried finding manuals online but couldn't find much.

RoflcopterPilot
Mar 17, 2004
Finally found a Yashica T4 superD. Excited to start playing with it!

RoflcopterPilot
Mar 17, 2004
Can anybody ID which camera took was used here and has that timestamp?

I asked one person who had a similar photo which looked like it had the same yellow timestamp and he said it was taken with an Olympus Stylus Zoom. To my knowledge there are many different versions of it but random flickr and internet searches have not been able to confirm. Anybody know which camera makes that timestamp?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoflcopterPilot
Mar 17, 2004

General Gingersnap posted:

Yashica t4 super is one hell of a camera

This is awesome. And yeah ever since I came up on my T4 superD I haven't been able to put it down. poo poo is ridiculously good for the plastic p&s that it is. The prices for it are nuts but I can see why people want it so bad (other than hype).

• Locked thread