Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rednik
Apr 10, 2005

How is the Hexar AF?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rednik
Apr 10, 2005

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Expensive :smith:

I've seen it going secondhand for around $350. For what amounts to a Leica M with a permanently-affixed 35mm f/2 Summicron it doesn't look like a bad deal.

Rednik
Apr 10, 2005

Pompous Rhombus: Not to poo poo up the thread or anything, but it wasn't on Ebay, and I can get you the link if you're interested. I saw what looked like 2 in good shape for $350 a pop.

Though who knows, maybe if I sell the Bessa I might replace it with the Hexar (but probably not). :)

Rednik
Apr 10, 2005

Is there a good wide-panoramic camera that's affordable?

I was looking at the Russian Horizon/Gorizont cameras but they are kind of pricey for what amounts to a piece of junk.

Rednik
Apr 10, 2005

Pompous Rhombus posted:

The Horizon 202 seems pretty decent, but otherwise the answer to your question is "no, not really." I built my own like two years ago that worked semi-well, but I need a more elegant way of focusing it.

Do you think it's better than the janky "Horizont" I keep seeing on Ebay from the FSU?

http://cgi.ebay.com/KMZ-Horizont-panoramic-camera-rare-/220761538205?pt=US_Vintage_Cameras&hash=item336669be9d

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rednik
Apr 10, 2005

FLX posted:

Which of the cameras in the OP (or other similarly nice recommendations) don't require a battery?

Maybe a Holga 35mm? Not a great camera by any means, but it's cheap and would suit your needs on a sunny day.

• Locked thread