Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nannypea
Feb 20, 2006

Faster, you naughty little monkey!

Beastruction posted:

That might be good too... It looks like the lens and grip stick out a bit more, and it doesn't have the built in lens cover, but f/1.9 would be very useful.

fake edit: Apparently it's loud and the AF isn't very good.

I have several Canon P&S cameras. I can dig them out if you are interested. They would be MUCH cheaper than $25. I'm talking $10 shipped. :catstare:

I'm currently in love with my Samsung ECX1. It is literally the Porsche of P&S cameras (Porsche designed the camera). Looks totally different but has lots of manual functions and 38-140mm Zoom. Oh did I mention it does Panorama on 35mm film?

Nannypea fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Feb 27, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nannypea
Feb 20, 2006

I was in the local camera store today and they had 4 Leica Minilux in stock. One was brand new in the box. Prices ranged from $400 for the new one and $175 for one with a malfunctioning flash. I was very very tempted.

There were several XA2 as well. Not sure the price on those because I couldn't take my eyes off the Minilux.

OH yeah, and a couple Rollei 35. They did look sexy but the Minilux was pure sex.

Nannypea
Feb 20, 2006

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

jump on it. we can be Minilux bros. Go against the goon grain!!

crosspost from PAD, two new pix from my Konica Auto S3:

Where do you find such interesting people? I'm surrounded by a bunch of country folks.

dorkasaurus_rex, please don't encourage me. It would mean I'd have to sell the G11.

Anybody want a G11?

EDIT:
What are your feelings on the Leica Mini-Zoom. There's one on the local Craig's List for $49

Nannypea fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Mar 4, 2011

Nannypea
Feb 20, 2006

AIIAZNSK8ER posted:

Drunk posting from PAX East but, the XA is the most amazing camera I've ever used, God willing the exposure comes out. I was wandering about Boston, and it feels so good to use compared to a DSLR.

I knew I should have kept it for myself! :argh:

Of course that would have only worked if I could have gotten drunk and wandered around somewhere interesting. I wander around here drunk and I get shot at for trespassing! Oh yeah, I'm not supposed to drink either.

Have fun with the XA AIIAZNSK8ER!

Nannypea
Feb 20, 2006

BulimicGoat posted:

I wish there was a good digital camera that had no lcd screen and 24 exposures.

I think you get that in an older digital with a small memory card. Just break the lcd if needed.

I went out with my film camera and got to say "Sorry can't take another picture, the battery died"

And no, I haven't developed the film yet. It's sitting beside me.

Nannypea
Feb 20, 2006

Picked up an Olympus Stylus Epic Zoom 80 from the local thrift store today for a whopping $0.99. No idea if it works or not but getting ready to put in some new batteries and I'll let you know.

*EDIT: threw away a whopping dollar cause this thing is not working :(

Also dropped by the local camera store and they have loads of cameras you guys might be interested in.

3 - XA2 in stock
several Leica Minilux, one "new" in the box
Rollei 35

LOTS of others. If you have a hankering for something let me know and I'll see if they have it & price etc.

Nannypea fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jun 28, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nannypea
Feb 20, 2006

the posted:

Taking this to a gathering tonight. Works great, but LOL at the flash. Talk about top heavy:

Holy Crap!! Can't wait to see the pics.

• Locked thread