Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rontalvos
Feb 22, 2006
For all the people asking about battery replacements and meter re-calibration etc etc.

I have an olympus 35 RC and this is a drop-in replacement for the 625 mercury cell battery, and it operates at the same 1.35v that mercury batteries did so no meter compensation is needed. Everything I've read says the wein cells are silver oxide, and will last 'up to a year' and have stable voltage during their life unlike alkalines. They make a px400, px625/px13, and I think one other type.

Not as cheap as alkalines but it'll last much longer so it's probably cheaper in the long run.

http://www.amazon.com/Wein-PX625-PX13-Battery-Volts/dp/B00009VQJ7/ref=sr_1_cc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304466348&sr=1-1-catcorr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rontalvos
Feb 22, 2006

Paul MaudDib posted:

I think the Lynxes should go for $30-50 if they're working. They're quite a bit more reliable than the GSNs in my opinion. GSNs are prone to timing pad failures (the "clunk of death") and repairing them is a pain, whereas the Lynx have higher-end all-mechanical Copal shutters. If you really want something unique, check out the Lynx 14/14E. It's one of a very few fixed-lens f/1.4 rangefinders ever made and they run about $100. It, and I would guess the Lynx 1000, do use 625 batteries so invest in a pack of 675 hearing aid batteries and a roll of tinfoil.

You'll notice I posted the drop-in replacement no-tinfoil required solution further up this very page.

http://www.amazon.com/Wein-PX625-PX13-Battery-Volts/dp/B00009VQJ7/ref=sr_1_cc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304466348&sr=1-1-catcorr

• Locked thread