Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Betus.com just released odds for Silva (-180) vs GSP (+150), so I guess if you have strong opinions on that match here's your chance to get in on the ground floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SGRaaize
Jan 19, 2011
DONT YOU DARE TELL ME HOW THE FUCK TO HAVE FUN IN VIDEOGAMES!!! OR TO READ THE FUCKING OP!!!!
Betting a few on GPS doesn't seem like a bad idea there, GPS is probably gonna lose, but he shouldn't be that much of an underdog

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

SGRaaize posted:

Betting a few on GPS doesn't seem like a bad idea there, GPS is probably gonna lose, but he shouldn't be that much of an underdog

I feel confident that GPS can always find the correct path to victory

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I wouldn't touch GSP/Silva with a twenty-foot pole. Doing so would violate at least one of my MMA betting tenets (either "don't bet against GSP" or "don't bet against Anderson Silva").

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

GSP is gonna tap to a body triangle while in top position. let me know when the specialized odds come out.

AZCollins
Feb 4, 2004

Meanderthal
It's going to be just like Sonnen/Silva without the triangle. Believe it.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
I feel confident that Silva can always find the correct path to victory

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Ninja PD posted:

I feel confident that Silva can always find the correct path to victory

He doesn't use satellites, though

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

My book updated a bunch of their mma lines today, they have Silva at -200, for example. I just got on JDS at -125, which seems like a steal to me.

Quodio Stotes
Aug 8, 2010

by angerbot
Its been said not to bet on your favorites, but how bout someone you met in person and partied with? I might have to do it for UFC 127, it will be hard to resist.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I don't see how that at all makes a difference. It just sounds like you want everyone to know you partied with a fighter.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
i know some people are saying not to bet on GSP v. Silva, but does it make a difference if i just had male homoerotic sex with one of the fighters in a hot tub? If not, no biggie.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Always bet on genitals you've seen

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Pacquaio will surely stop Mosley. Floyd nearly did and he didn't even want to. 4/5 (-125) within rounds 1-12, TKO 10/11 (-110), under 11 rounds evens (+100), loving hell even either fighter in 1-12 rounds at 8/13 (-162.50). It's ages away but the early bird catches the worm!

Quodio Stotes
Aug 8, 2010

by angerbot

henkman posted:

I don't see how that at all makes a difference. It just sounds like you want everyone to know you partied with a fighter.

just a joke, not trying show off, far from it, more pointing out how it will be harder to resist betting on nice guy i've met and a favorite on top of that.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I did a parlay prop bet on the Mayweather/Mosley fight where I had Mayweather winning the fight, and mayweather winning by decision. I can't remember how much I made off the 20 I bet (I think it was 27?) but it was the safest bet I've ever taken in my life.

I don't know if I would take Pacquaio stopping Shane though.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I had a small bet on Mayweather to stop him at some stupid odds. It lost but it was worth a go - Nazim Richardson was in the corner talking about pulling him out around the 9th or 10th, and Floyd was just potshotting. I don't think Manny will be as kind.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Yeah I remember being nervous when Naz was saying something like "Shane you're gonna make me do it unless you show me something" in the 10th or 11th round.

I don't think Pacquaio finishing Shane within 12 is a bad bet, but I would first need to see the line on Pacman winning by decision.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bundt Cake posted:

Always bet on genitals you've seen

That has not served me well with Sakurai

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I dunno if the US lines will be any similar but in the UK Pacquiao by decision is around 11/8 (+137.5), stoppage is actually the favourite

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

My book has it over 11.5 for +120 and under for -150 if that helps. Not really the same thing, I know.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

fatherdog posted:

That has not served me well with Sakurai

At least he's a better fighter than Trigg or War Machine.

Quodio Stotes posted:

just a joke, not trying show off, far from it, more pointing out how it will be harder to resist betting on nice guy i've met and a favorite on top of that.
JUST SAY HIS NAME.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
I bet his nickname involves either Assassin or Pitbull.

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy

Ninja PD posted:

I bet his nickname involves either Assassin or Pitbull.

no one's that dumb

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Subparr posted:

It's going to be just like Sonnen/Silva without the triangle. Believe it.
GSP, besides not getting triangled, will be way better at passing and doing actual damage with his GnP.

Tape Leg
May 8, 2003

We were all delighted, we all realized we were leaving confusion and nonsense behind and performing our one noble function of the time, move.
Does that website that gives you 10 cents or whatever still exist?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Tape Leg posted:

Does that website that gives you 10 cents or whatever still exist?

http://www.centsports.com/ and yes they do

Tape Leg
May 8, 2003

We were all delighted, we all realized we were leaving confusion and nonsense behind and performing our one noble function of the time, move.

kensei posted:

http://www.centsports.com/ and yes they do

You're the man now, dawg.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
When I set up my CentSports account so I could place some bets on the last SF event, I accidentally put everything on Kharitonov (I meant to put one cent on him).

I then realized that it was an ok move and just went with it. Here I am 15 cents richer.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

What were some of your biggest bets you won?

Nothing for me will ever top taking Serra at +1100 or something against GSP.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Werdum at +600 against Fedor. It was only ten bucks, but that just felt good on principle.

Anytime a line shows up that's over +1000 I almost always toss a couple bucks down on principle, but it's never panned out for me. I've only been betting for the last year or so though (I think this has only come up like three times last year, Jan Finney, some scrub against Mayhem Miller, and some scrub against Megumi Fujii).

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

My love for Matt Serra aside (I need a Serra AV if he hasn't retired) I always look at heavy underdogs whom their opponent is looking past. This payed me very well when the Patriots just got bounced by the Jets.

Unfortunately the odds makers are getting smart. While I don't want to open up a can of worms here Fedor was a big favorite for reasons other than nut hugging.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
bet 10 on bj and even if you lose, you showed some character

same goes for jorge, but his wrestling, bjj and speed disadvantage makes that a horrible bet regardless of the odds imo

rivera was coincidentally my best bet at +400something against nate loving quarry :confused:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Paul Pot posted:

bet 10 on bj and even if you lose, you showed some character

same goes for jorge, but his wrestling, bjj and speed disadvantage makes that a horrible bet regardless of the odds imo

rivera was coincidentally my best bet at +400something against nate loving quarry :confused:

Oh my sweet Jesus that AV is amazing.

Fastbreak
Jul 4, 2002
Don't worry, I had ten bucks.

Captain Log posted:

What were some of your biggest bets you won?

Nothing for me will ever top taking Serra at +1100 or something against GSP.

I actually can't remember what the odds were, I think around +650, but I had Jardine over Liddell. The most recent big win was Paulo Thiago over Swick, I think I got in at +275.

Most recent big loss was Bader at +325.

fawker
Feb 1, 2008

ARMBAR!
I got Chael at I think like +300 vs NAte the Great...

I think the odds were similar for Okami vs Nate.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Captain Log posted:

Oh my sweet Jesus that AV is amazing.

as-salamu alaykum

If you wanna bet on a favorite, I recommend Sotiropoulos. Today I asked one of Siver's training partners about their plans once the fight hits the floor. "Try to survive, but it will be hard" - a diffident Russian

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Paul Pot posted:

as-salamu alaykum

If you wanna bet on a favorite, I recommend Sotiropoulos. Today I asked one of Siver's training partners about their plans once the fight hits the floor. "Try to survive, but it will be hard" - a diffident Russian

that's not really too retarded of a thing to say considering the skills sets of both guys.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
it's not. but if they're not very confident, then neither should we be..keep in mind that bisping's the bigger favorite for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
He did a promo interview the other day where he said that Sot would be impressed with his grappling and that he'd try and submit him if it went to the ground, so I don't think he's really pushing the ground is lava talk publically.