Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

So since going 0 for 5 at 127 I've done this:

Lesson? Parlays 4 EVA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Thank you, Jon Jones. Thank you, Korean Zombie. The two of you have made me $216 between you. Now, to never bet again.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

fawker posted:

eh, I just did a bad thing

This is just a fun thing that I do on top of my other bets... you can all make fun of me when this falls through.

people keep posting things like this

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

I won 200 on Rumble last night, that was pretty easy. I also threw 10 on my little zombie friend too.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
5 on Daley and 6 on a Kermit/Aoki/Melendez parlay to turn 11 into 30. ballin

Ficken von Hicken
Oct 10, 2008

by angerbutt
I just put $10 on Keith Jardine. Hasta la victoria siempre.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

I put 50 on beerbohm

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

5 each on Dean, Crusher, and Semtex

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy

lamentable dustman posted:

5 each on Dean, Crusher, and Semtex

welp, there goes that

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

good betting day itt

edit: ties usually reduce on mma parlays

Ficken von Hicken
Oct 10, 2008

by angerbutt
Well at least Diaz recouped my Jardine loss.

e: Jardine was a push, hell yes.

Ficken von Hicken fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Apr 10, 2011

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Daley nearly made me look like a genius. Then he died. Good thing I was only betting the free money I got from betting on JBJ.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Another weekend, another parlay.

gently caress the judges on Mousasi - Jardine for lowering my winnings a bit.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Save Russian Jews posted:

welp, there goes that

at least i got the 5 bux back from Jardine!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I put five bucks on each underdog thinking that they were too handicapped.

Welp

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
the next MMA underdog to bet on is Matt Wiman over Dennis Siver

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Bubba Smith posted:

the next MMA underdog to bet on is Matt Wiman over Dennis Siver

id like to hear the reasoning for this

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Wiman is in the interesting position of being a fighter who's good enough that if he was in any division other than 155 he'd be top ten, but he's a lightweight so he's barely top 20.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I find that hard to believe.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
what's his wrestling like? i've only seen him on tuf and against cole miller...seemed like a well-rounded guy that improved a lot since being on that show, but i'm not sure that's enough

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
it wasnt enough to handle tavares

but wimans hail mary KO was better than rashads on chuck and wiman got screwed out of recognition for having the most brutal one punch knock out that year

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

Bundt Cake posted:

it wasnt enough to handle tavares

but wimans hail mary KO was better than rashads on chuck and wiman got screwed out of recognition for having the most brutal one punch knock out that year

On the other hand he looks like he improved his offensive wrestling substantially and his power will likely be more than enough against a guy like Siver. I like Wiman largely because he is aggressive as hell, and fights from the opening bell until the fight is completely over. His past few fights have been extremely impressive.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Siver hasn't been taken down in a long time (at least not that I can remember), but he hasn't been facing world class wrestlers either. Siver also is still gassing in his fights because he is large despite being a relatively small LW. Combined with Matt Wiman looking better each time he fights, and this is a very winnable fight for Wiman.

Elmo Oxygen
Jun 11, 2007

Kazuo Misaki Superfan #3

Don't make me lift my knee, young man.
So I'm doing pretty well in the Secondary League

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

So with the US shutting down some of the big time poker sites I guess it would be smart to cash out with my online books.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

lamentable dustman posted:

So with the US shutting down some of the big time poker sites I guess it would be smart to cash out with my online books.

Wait, what? When did this happen?

(and yes, it probably would be safe to cash out, although there are probably tons of people also doing that right now)

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

CVagts posted:

Wait, what? When did this happen?

Couple hours ago. US Attorney for the Southern District filed a bunch of indictments against most major poker sites and their owners, all hell has broken loose.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Well poo poo. I'll tell my brother to withdraw any money he still has online.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
This just means you have a limited time to bet on mma so you better get all your gambling out of your system fast.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

on a related note, bader is -425 against tito :lol:

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
should i be worried if i'm using bodog.co.uk ?

bader is a sure thing against tito, how is that surprising?

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

I just think it's funny, I can see it rising by a buck or so too.

edit: i'm probably gonna drop a 20 on handy when I go to 129, +265 is pretty decent.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

Paul Pot posted:

should i be worried if i'm using bodog.co.uk ?

Government isn't going after Bodog (again/yet), and the non-American side should be fine regardless except for cash flow issues.

Feel kinda bad for the people who have their livelihoods tied up, a lot of people prepped for a day like this by keeping money spread between the sites and welp that didn't really work.

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

ForbiddenWonder posted:

edit: i'm probably gonna drop a 20 on handy when I go to 129, +265 is pretty decent.
I would rewatch Couture/Vera before making that bet. Age was already catching up to him by that fight, and it was nearly 2 years ago

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

This just means you have a limited time to bet on mma so you better get all your gambling out of your system fast.

Just checking in to say that I successfully bet on mma, bringing my winning percentage up to 3.6%.

Gomi Pile
Jan 19, 2011

by Ozmaugh
WHO COULD HAVE FORESEEN THIS

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
gently caress betting on the favourites. Underdog bets are the only good bets.

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

I'm gonna bet a lot of money on Jake Shields. Bet on MMA ya'll.

awkward_turtle
Oct 26, 2007
swimmer in a goon sea

Beowulf LaGrange posted:

I'm gonna bet a lot of money on Jake Shields. Bet on MMA ya'll.

Fairly sure Hominick has a better punchers chance than Jake Shields does. Due to that whole human being punch thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Ellenberger at -150 and Machida at whatever the odds are now (-325 last time i checked) are the cool guy bets for ufc 129. bank on it *rollerskates away*

oh yeah and bocek as an underdog is a good bet as well