Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

jase1 posted:

I see Anderson won was it even close? Did Bonnar get embarrassed?

No, but anyone who bet on him should be embarrassed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I feel like doing a Matt Riddle/Cub Swanson parlay just because it feels so wrong.

See, guys, this is why you should always bet on MMA.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Couture lost to KJ Noons and Pearson is pretty good.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Grifter posted:

Frank Mir has terrifically bad taste and isn't a great fighter, but I don't think he should be that far off in his odds vs. Cormier. Someone tell me how wrong I am.

It's not overall skill level so much as that he has very few paths to victory. He's definitely going to be outstruck and outwrestled, and Cormier is going to be able to dictate the pace of the fight enough to avoid his sub game.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I only say Cormier will outstrike Mir because he trains at AKA while Mir is discovering the power of Nodes and has been taught that effective MMA striking doesn't involve punching people or moving forward.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I am making a Bigfoot/Hunt parlay because I believe in the power of dreams.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Chiesa's thing is getting RNCs on better fighters after they beat on him for a while. If that streak finally breaks and Masvidal wins, Chiesa is pretty tough and it will almost certainly be a decision.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I bet imaginary Internet money on Perosh by round 1 TKO. I need to stop doing this because I might get tempted to actually bet

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

henkman posted:

I feel like Cole Miller will lose a boring decision

I can't really imagine how Cole wins this one

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Lid posted:

Manvel has no reach and Cole Miller is the better grappler of the two.

Cole Miller lost a striking match with Nam Phan and he's not taking Manny down or submitting him.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Chael should be a much bigger favorite than he is. Looks like just about even odds, which is nuts.
I'm seeing Overeem at about -205, which is probably right. There's not really a way for him to lose this fight but I have faith that he can find one.
Alacantara shouldn't be such a dog against Faber, but I'm still not sure he has it
Brown's a slight favorite and he's probably going to lose
Brandao is about -250 vs Pineda and I'd call the odds on that one even if not slightly favoring Pineda

Bet on MMA, someone.

Fat Twitter Man fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Aug 17, 2013

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
And the one he won was a really close decision against top contender Elliot Marshall.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Okami crumbled in the third versus Lombard and Boetsch (and sort of versus Belcher, but that fight was so one-sided it didn't matter), but I don't think that was failure of heart. I'm not entirely sure why it was.

And yeah, Jacare is an amazing grappler, but Okami can throw a jab and stuff takedowns all day. I picture it looking like his fight with Munoz.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

caiman posted:

Makes sense. So on average how common are upsets (I'm new to MMA too)? I would think if they didn't happen more than about every 1 in 5 fights, then a favorite-betting strategy would still be mildly profitable. But maybe they're more common than that?

Betting favorites lose roughly a third of the time (if you exclude pick-em odds). Don't bet on MMA, but if you do make really stupid bets and post them in this thread.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I thought that Jacare being a favorite over Okami showed how stupid sports bettors were. The lesson is never listen to goons in general and me in particular.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

I personally pictured Okami jabbing and circling away for 15 minutes like he did versus Munoz. When Jacare pushed him into the fence right off the bat I knew it was over no matter how it ended. Okami's strength has always been controlling distance and I just assumed he would be able to do that effortlessly. Then again the only two fights I've seen Jacare in were versus Ed Herman and Chris Camozzi and I may have been underhyping him.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Fitch got dropped a couple times and had his back taken for most of the second. Everyone remembers Silva gassing and getting Fitched hard, but that was only three minutes of a 15-minute fight. I can't think of a Kim fight where he really got into trouble or went into deep waters like that.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

attackmole posted:

Silva isn't Condit, mind you, but still.....

Yeah, I thought of that, but as you said, Silva isn't Condit. You're right that that makes me think that Kim isn't as tough as Fitch (getting KO'ed by a Hendricks left isn't a black mark on anyone's chin).

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
He was about 30 seconds from being TKO'd himself.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Melvin is as likely to lose a gimme match to hilarious KO or submission as he is to lose an important fight, so bet accordingly.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

origami posted:

Anybody know anything about Miller's opponent because I'm just assuming he's going to get murdered...

He's a one-dimensional grappler who's going to be doing nothing but looking for the submission. Miller's a better striker and wrestler and probably better at jujitsu too.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Bundt Cake posted:

His proven ability to win ugly decisions that he actually lost makes him seem like a good bet in some ways, but hes facing the king of winning lovely fights

That was his last fight.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
$100 to win $425: Francis Carmont wins by decision

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

jase1 posted:

Hello friends.

WagerType: Date: Team: Risking / To Win
STRAIGHT BET Feb 15 MU [24209] T. SATO +750 (T. SATO vrs E. SILVA) 100.00 USD / 750.00 USD

There's the jase1 we know and love.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

I hate to admit it but I think that top one is pretty plausible. Also I'm probably really biased but Jim Miller at -210 against Yancy Medeiros seems like a pretty good one, especially if he was preparing for Ellenberger all camp.

Preparing for Joe Ellenberger, who may be to Jake what Dan is to Jim.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Marching Powder posted:

betting on erick silva in that fight is a great way to come out to your father

my betting site had a 'ufc specials' section and the only bet was 5:1 odds that conor mcgregor will win the loving title by the end of 2015

Can I bet against that? -600 sounds like great odds

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

outy posted:

I'm liking King Mo coming in as an underdog against Rampage (+185).

Rampage isn't as good as he once was, but he's probably better than Emmanuel Newton.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I was surprised to see Silva as such a favorite, but oddsmakers generally know what they're on about.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Bundt Cake posted:

imo Brown is a live dog. Really live. I think Silvas the better fighter, but stylistically I think Joe Silva is testing him against someone who will apply the same amount of pressure he hasn't been able to handle so far. Plus his usual advantages in speed, power and movement are there, but there pretty undermined by the fact he leaves his hands down all the time. It really doesnt matter that he can probably defend browns takedowns because they're basically two aggressive power punchers who are tough and dont protect their chins. if Silva has an advantage, its marginal.

That's the way I see it too. Silva has all the advantages on paper but I don't think it's a great style matchup for him. I'd figure that Brown should only be a slight dog in this match and a great bet at +200, but since PSP seems so unanimously sure that he's underrated, he'll probably get submitted in under a minute and make us all look stupid.

I don't think assuming Silva won't go for the takedown is a great bet. I have no idea how he'll look doing it, since he choked Brenneman out after knocking him down and I think he submitted High off of one of his own takedowns.

fatherdog posted:

Brown's ground game is interesting because he's not really high level there, but he goes for a ton of subs and stuff. Against guys who are only okay it means he eats a good amount of punches but gets a lot of opportunities to get back to his feet; against guys who are good it means he gets subbed because he leaves himself open going for things.

Would you agree that Brown is likely to get subbed if the fight does go to the ground? The only extended grappling I've seen from Silva was against Fitch, and he looked really solid until he gassed.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

JuanGoat posted:

Wow, Dan Henderson is a whopping +600 underdog. I don't even think he's going to win, but those odds are insane. I think even Cummins had better odds against Cormier. Anyone else considering it? I might just throw in all of my money save my initial bankroll just for the hell of it. It just seems ridiculous that Hendo is considered to have less than a fifteen percent chance of winning this fight.

I think that betting on Henderson is a great idea, and as all the guys who made money on Matt Brown this weekend will tell you, this thread is a great place to learn how to make money betting on MMA.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
How much are people getting for betting on Maldonado by R5 KO?

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Lord Waffle Beards Locks

Myles Jury > Takanori Gomi

This is probably right.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

jase1 posted:

Hello friends I give this gift to you. I have a free $500 from my bookie and I am going to bet it all on one bet. You guys choose what you want me to bet and I will bet it. I have no clue on what events are coming up so let me know what day the fight is and I will place the bet.

Romero/Mizugaki parlay

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
It would have been funnier if Romero had won before Mizugaki lost, but it's good to see jase1 back either way.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Triticum Guzzler posted:

betting on goons is the most unfortunate bet he ever made. i feel bad that you guys led him astray

I regret nothing.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I think hunt is a steal at +300

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
There's no way Mark Hunt deserves to be a +400 dog to a guy who thinks striking defense is for other people and who sometimes struggles for takedowns.

Lamas is tough and well-rounded but doesn't have great takedown defense or strike with a lot of volume. Bermudez has gotten finished a few too many times to make him a lock and he gets stupid sometimes, but he should probably be a slight favorite.

I don't really know what to think of Ellenberger vs Gastelum but I think that Gastelum is aggressive enough to clinch it. Ellenberger might find his chin and he's been taken down by a Swede before, so I don't think I'd bet on it.

I don't know who any of these other people are.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Marching Powder posted:

got a parlay on pickett, benavidez, frankie eddie, and bobby g.

bobby is a sizable underdog for some reason.

for some reason

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

MycroftXXX posted:

This is the hardest i have laughed in a while

jase1 is a treasure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich