Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

PeteRoseHaircut posted:

Someone talk me out of a Kattar/martin/lesser Nurmagomedov parlay because $100 to win $840 seems very attainable

Unfortunately out of the Nurmagomedovs in MMA, Abubakar is probably the worst and not just by a little bit, that seems like the weakest part of that bet. I'm pretty confident Rocco will win. The main event choice seems shaky too but I think that fight is closer than the odds make it look.

If you want to stick with Kattar, I'd probably do Kattar/Rocco/Lungiambula instead.

Brut fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Nov 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

jase1 posted:

Holy poo poo! In Florida where the gently caress have I been. How did I not know this?

Alright I will be betting at least 5k in every fight. I will post all my picks here.

I don't know if this influences your pacing but there's also fights this Wednesday (13th) and next Saturday (16th) at the same venue.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Zomblified posted:

$750 Parlay on Ankalaev, Ramos, and Rakic for $1200 payout
$500 on Lawler for another $1200 payout
sneaky fun card tonight

Ankalaev isn't fighting, covid. By Ramos I'm assuming you mean Lamas?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Don't bet on it.

Izzy likes jabs, kicks, footwork and frames so he'll probably sting Costa as he comes forward. Costa is going to try to stay in his face and break him down with body work against the cage. Both guys are vulnerable to the other guy's strengths so who the gently caress knows?

Yeah as much as my gut reaction is "Adesanya's gonna make Costa look like a fool", if it was my money I think I agree with this.

Bet on Blachowicz to win instead, much safer and the payout is better.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Lid posted:

Bumping to requeswt this gets moved to the new gambling subforum who can all bask in the gloriousness of jase1

I'm willing to listen if you make a strong case for this (or obtain some consensus) but I feel like you're better off creating a parallel thread in PITR, it's okay if both forums have similar threads.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

jase1 posted:

2k on Lewis @+350

Well done!

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Please support your fellow goons in making as many bad bets as their hearts desire, at least until you're getting the sense that they're risking their shelter/health in doing so.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

jase1 posted:

Why any of you bet against Francis Ngannou in favor of Stipe Miocic is beyond me. Just because the line is huge doesn't mean it's a good bet. Truly bizarre

:vince:

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

:10bux: on Boser, Valiev and Volkov, each.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

I'm probably putting a few bucks on Giles because I think he'll win, a few on Tuivasa because I want him to win, and of course Poirier for both reasons.

Griffin probably beats Condit but I'm not sure if it's worth -195, Hall vs Topuria, Price vs Pereira and Burns vs Thompson are super DO NOT BET fights, I dunno what the gently caress's gonna happen, could be anything.

Tempted to put a few bucks on Moutinho, +600 is juicy. I'm not doing any of that poo poo until I see the weigh ins though, see ya'll when I wake up.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Brut posted:

I'm probably putting a few bucks on Giles because I think he'll win, a few on Tuivasa because I want him to win, and of course Poirier for both reasons.

Griffin probably beats Condit but I'm not sure if it's worth -195, Hall vs Topuria, Price vs Pereira and Burns vs Thompson are super DO NOT BET fights, I dunno what the gently caress's gonna happen, could be anything.

Tempted to put a few bucks on Moutinho, +600 is juicy. I'm not doing any of that poo poo until I see the weigh ins though, see ya'll when I wake up.

Odds for Giles got a bit better so I went for it:

10 bucks each:
Trevin Giles +100
Max Griffin -175
Kris Moutinho +600
Tai Tuivasa -125
Dustin Poirier -133

10 bucks on a parlay of all 5 of those, and another 10 on a parlay of 4 of them (all but Moutinho).

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Stolzfus +180
Parsons +285
Morozov +117
Tate -155
Stephens +205
Ruiz +400

:10bux: each.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

:10bux: on Elise Reed at +350. I don't see anything else on this card worth touching.

Was gonna put 10 on Aspen Ladd too if that fight didn't get pulled.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

:10bux: each on Simmons, Penne, Hill and Lewis.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Got :10bux: on Machado at +325 in this contender series fight.

edit: Good fight, but probably didn't work out for me.

edit2: Yup, oh well, was still very silly odds for what ended up being a pretty close fight.

Brut fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Oct 20, 2021

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

gently caress. gently caress cancer.

The Dave posted:

For me you are this thread, I can make bad bets all on my own. I hope you realize that all of those things you get out of SA, that make it great for you, is what you are providing here for us.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

gently caress it I'm in, $5 on each and $5 on all 3.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

5 bucks on huggy bear

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Shumagorath posted:

Jesus they're doing Volk and Max again?

Who you gonna have Holloway fight otherwise?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Are the odds on Strickland vs Pereira kind of bullshit? The man has 6 MMA fights, having it as a coinflip doesn't make sense to me.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

:10bux:

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

JOHN CENA posted:

i lost every bet i placed

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Where do ya'll bet online now from the US? I was using betonline.ag for a bit but it always feels really janky and the odds seem bad on average.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Can't bet on the main event until the weigh ins, you never know. Agree on Beneil and Belal. O'Malley is gonna get destroyed.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Video I saw had him change it to "guys you know I joked (lied) about that to make my sparring partners sound good", I dunno what the timeline is on the stories.

I don't think he's gonna let himself get caught like Woodley but I also don't think he's gonna try very hard to do damage or win, we'll see though.

Edit:
Here's what I originally saw:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZgES6fmpRg
But I'm realizing now you can't hear poo poo in that video so here's a version with better audio:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCNVYkUKY1g

Further edit:

poo poo just realized what thread we're in, uh, yeah don't bet on this fight lmao.

Brut fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Oct 29, 2022

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Shumagorath posted:

I put the same thing into ProLine+ and it gave me absolute dogshit, but I don't think it's properly multiplying my odds. Not going to scramble with 90min left to showtime and three drinks down already.

Yo your phrasing makes it seem like you're not watching the prelims and if that's the case you are loving up

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

i've got izzy and pereira by knockout so let's lose the rest!

Wait what?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

lmao.

Here I was just the other day thinking that maybe this thread should be goldmined and a new one started, I'm not sure if this makes a stronger case for or against that now, gently caress.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

That DICK! posted:

is this why we're TKO now?

Nah we were back to PSP for a long time before that, just from time passing after the passing that did not come to pass.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

leftist heap posted:

To be honest I think we should offer a grace period for jase1 to come back and post like nothing ever happened cause that would be funniest lol

Well it's not like he asked anyone for anything so sure why not.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

CarlCX posted:

yeah to be clear jase is absolutely catching a ban if he comes back after faking his own death for forum fun, it's funny but don't be crazy, if he wants to pay the tax he can

Nah come on dude, I dunno that I'd classify him never posting again as "forum fun", I can't speak to the people he privately played video games with and what their conversations were like but that was also not on the forums so :shrug:.

I kinda feel like a dick for asking this but I guess at this point gently caress it, does anyone know if he he was actually sick and just the treatments worked or was it all bullshit from the start? I guess that if it's the latter then I'm maybe finding the whole thing somewhat less funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

I guess best case scenario is he comes back and posts something along the lines of 'fine i'll pay the tax, hit me', I just think if he does come back and gets insta-hit with a ban and just...doesn't re-reg, kinda everyone loses? but also I agree with basically everything you said so I have no idea.