Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I haven't been doing well lately. You know what that means? Time to bet on heavyweights. 25 bucks on Maldonado by decision at +180.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Oct 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

attackmole posted:

I haven't been doing well lately. You know what that means? Time to bet on heavyweights. 25 bucks on Maldonado by decision at +180.

gently caress yes bet on mma

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I have money on Boestch, Marqaurdt, and Sot.

Sot is a terrible human being and in a rough patch, but I'm confused why he's the underdog to KJ loving Noons.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

manyak posted:

Noons has a lot of power and Sot seems to have a lovely chin nowadays and is only getting older, and its not like hes a fantastic wrestler who will be able to nullify Noons' striking necessarily

That's true. On the other hand, Noons lost to Ryan Couture.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

manyak posted:

Yeah it was a bad decision and Noons should have won, but i guess if ryan couture can come close then sotiropolous can maybe get the job done. Im still skeptical, i wouldnt take sot at anything less than like +210

gently caress

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I saw that line, thought about it, and then decided that betting on Nate was a better idea. In other news, I'm mentally handicapped.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I have 10 bucks on each of Guillard, Jimmo, and whoever the due is who's fighting Sakara (because he's fight loving Sakara).

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
To fill the void of the NC for Guillard/Pearson I just tossed 7 bucks on Machida by decision at +195.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

attackmole posted:

To fill the void of the NC for Guillard/Pearson I just tossed 7 bucks on Machida by decision at +195.

poo poo.

I still stand by that bet though.

Broke even with the money I made on betting against Sakara.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Oct 26, 2013

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I put 10 bucks on Paulo Thiago against Thatch at +265 for old times sake. He'll probably get murdered, but those are pretty good odds for the "washed up veteran vs. untested hotshot upstart" narrative.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
10 bucks on Sonnen at +155
20 bucks on Evan Dunham at -110
10 bucks on Ed Herman at +170
and a 5 buck parlay on GSP, Koscheck, Rory, and Sonnen for 40 bucks.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Leites is bad, but Herman is worse apparently.

e: ok i'm really not very good at this.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Nov 17, 2013

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

MassRafTer posted:

I should throw some money on Rashad ASAP.

good call.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
nice.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
i hope you lose all your money on your gay man child soap opera, as opposed to me who lost all his money on his gay man child reality show.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

DannoMack posted:

Bet way more than I can afford to lose on the Undertaker.

hahahahaa you loving moron

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
why the gently caress did i decide to reopen my bodog account for bellator. i'm a degenerate. this is a waste of 10 dollars.

Single bets:

3 bucks on Eric Smith over Kongo to win 15.
3 bucks on Tito over Shlemenko to win 9.

Parlays:
1 buck on Tito/Smith to win 23.
1 buck on King Mo/Smith to win 15.20
1 buck on Tito/Mo to win 9.80
1 buck on Tito/Mo/Smith to win 63.80.

bet on underdogs or die trying.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

JuanGoat posted:

I have thirty dollars on Tito Ortiz.

~~~believe~~~

:respek:

That already pays for the 10 bucks I put into the card. Now I'm just hoping for Mo to win and I double up.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
looks like there was one more underdog i should have bet on.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I have 4 bucks on Ellenberger at +180 since I feel like he's a really solid underdog. In a 5 round fight I'd be wary, but I'll take these odds for him hanging with Lawler for the first two round or less likely, knocking him out.

3 bucks on Hendo at +525. He's probably going to get smoked, but I feel like that's good odds for a freak Hendo knockout. Hell, if I was smarter/braver I probably should have bet on Hendo by knockout to up those odds even more because I don't see him winning any other way.

HIGH STAKES BETTING. Know your stakes for your bankroll. Charles Barkley said that he didn't have a gambling problem because he had enough money to get away with losing millions of dollars. I might be throwing away my money 10 bucks at a time, but at least that's pretty affordable.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 20:34 on May 22, 2014

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I put 3 bucks on Roger Narvaez (AKA the dude fighting Patrick Cummins) because I refuse to believe that Cummins is a -300 favourite against anyone.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Ten bucks on OSP at -150, five bucks on Feijao at +125, and 5 bucks on Woodley at -125.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Agent Tough Juice posted:

I'm not putting money down on this, but one of you must be, no?

Anyone taking a shot at the moon with Caceres? You are required to tell us if you are.

I have 3 bucks on Bruce Leeroy at +550, 3 bucks on Santos at +325 and one buck on Davis at +600. Stupid underdog bets for life.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Well guys, this isn't going too hot.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
After my last round of stupid underdog bets, my bodog account is down to $4.50. Also I've learned nothing, so I've put 3 bucks on Lil Nog (because +400 for him feels like silly odds) and 1.50 on Kingsbury at +170 because he's cool and Cummins sucks.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Ride together, die together.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

PeteRoseHaircut posted:

So I entered a $3 pool on DraftKings tonight where the winner gets a chance to go to UFC 189. I tied with 8 other people. Tiebreaker next week.

In Hendo we trust, right guys? :ohdear:

my condolences

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

manyak posted:

Yes you will lose more often than not when you bet on underdogs, yes sportsbetting is a losing proposition long run for the most part, but not for the reason "MMA is unpredictable and you lose sometimes" or whatever people seem to think

The two sports I mainly watch are MMA and NBA and between the two of em I'd way rather bet on MMA. Point spreads are waaaaay more affected by refs in arbitrary and silly ways than the average MMA fight.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Bodog gave me a 20% deposit bonus, so I kissed goodbye to 50 bucks and got 60 to play with.

10 on Cathel Pendred to win 8.70
5 on Tim Means to win 8
20 on Dennis Burmedez to win 9.52
15 on Mendes to win 23.25
9 on Robbie to win 13.05.

And a 1 dollar parlay on me loving up every single one of those bets, in which case I get 18 bucks back.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I agree.

I spent half an hour today trying to write a tutorial on probability for a class I'm TAing trying to come up with non-gambling questions before going "gently caress it" and just deciding to teach them how to play and analyze the odds of craps.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Well I mean I am supposed to to teach these guys some conditional probability so that's pretty good actually.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I also bet on Cathal (at even odds) despite never watching him fight because John Howard is on a bad losing streak and he seemed hot. Whoops. Classic fightfinder analysis.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d5Q0vXbODs

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I'm not sold at Stephens as a live dog at all. Came in heavy and tends to look like poo poo against good competition. I mean Stephens can knock anyone out at any point in a fight so he's got that going for him, but I'm not interested at the current odds.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Annnnnnd there goes ten bucks I put on the undefeated Irish dude I never watched until today.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
0/2 so far. Whoops. Come on, Dennis/Robbie/Chad.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

attackmole posted:

Bodog gave me a 20% deposit bonus, so I kissed goodbye to 50 bucks and got 60 to play with.

10 on Cathel Pendred to win 8.70
5 on Tim Means to win 8
20 on Dennis Burmedez to win 9.52
15 on Mendes to win 23.25
9 on Robbie to win 13.05.

And a 1 dollar parlay on me loving up every single one of those bets, in which case I get 18 bucks back.

i am so good at this

for this next magic trick i will turn 50 bucks into 22.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
wise words. i will listen in the future.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
22 bucks on Jake Ellenberger to win 36. Think if everyone ponies in a little we can get up to a few grand by tonight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

attackmole posted:

22 bucks on Jake Ellenberger to win 36. Think if everyone ponies in a little we can get up to a few grand by tonight?

welp