Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

attackmole posted:

Sakara's a plus +170 underdog against a guy who's 4-0, making his UFC debut and taking the fight on three weeks notice. Sakara's had a year long layoff and really isn't that great, but I think that's a pretty solid bet.

Apparently the other guy's a wrestler (:ohdear:, pretty bad stylistic matchup) who's a good prospect but I'm not sold on him being such a solid favourite with being called in on short notice, four pro fights and a UFC debut to deal with.

You are going to bet money on Alessio Sakara and you think that it's a solid bet. You have brain damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

jeffersonlives posted:

So you want to bet on MMA?

RULE 1 OF BETTING ON MMA: DON'T BET ON MMA

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Paul Pot posted:

Maia is a good bet but there's no reason to believe Maia isn't another favorable stylistic matchup for Bisping. It'll depend on how good Maia put his strikes and takedowns together IMO..

Maia is going to crush Bisping and it will be hilarious.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Paul Pot posted:

02-27-2009: the last time maia finished someone

but its ok, anderson said he hits hard and then he dropped munoz, so he guess he's as dangerous as Da Spyda

everytime bisping fights we've got these sherdog posters coming out of the woodwork..

I never said anything about Maia finishing Bisping. Keep making up bullshit though.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Paul Pot posted:

Nobody expects Bisping to finish Maia or anyone else for that matter, what gave you that impression?

Tezcatlipoca, that's even worse if you're picking Maia by decision.

Posters unironically trying to credmine off the ole 'Bisping=bad, check out his double' meme is what this forum needs more of, so I'll stop this.

I'm not saying anything about how the fight will end. I just think Maia is better than Bisping and will dominate him in the fight.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

jase1 posted:

Oh no I lost $100 its the end of the world! What did you bet on last night? Oh wait you didn't. :frogout:

Laughing at people that bet on MMA is the entire point of this thread.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Captain Log posted:

He only bet a fiver, what's so funny?

He loses every time he bets.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Mike Pyle is going to finish Matt Brown. Quote me when Pyle gets crushed.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

MrSmokes posted:

Dropped my Hettes winnings on Rosi, $9.55 to win $10.03

e: god dammit

That was a really dumb bet.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Betting on Rafael Dos Anjos at +210-230 over Khabib is a good bet for people to make.

No, it isn't.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

outy posted:

Rumble is coming in as a decent dog against Phil Davis. Worth a couple of coins at +175

Again, no.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

outy posted:

He's in zero danger of getting KO'd here

Johnson isn't going to win the fight off of his back.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

masato tatanka posted:

[*]TJ Dillashaw to get most takedowns - 5.00 for 25.00

You will lose this one.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Barao has attempted takedowns on pretty much everyone he's fought and has gotten takedowns on almost all of them. He also doesn't get taken down, that is his thing. Betting on Dillashaw of all people to do it is wasting money.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

got 30 on jury caceres and big poppa hunt to all beat the poo poo out of their opposition.

Boxhead gonna do it.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Fentry posted:

As always this thread is magical

My bets for tonight:
10 for 10 on Thompson, Masvidal, Cruz, and MMMMMDJ
10 for 12 on Kennedy
10 for 26 on Poirier

I like this.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

wooger posted:

Does anyone expect that carbon monoxide accident to affect Werdum's cardio?

Clearly he's been training at altitude, but monoxide has the exact opposite effect on your (useful) red blood cell count as altitude training. All depends how accurate the headline "nearly dies" was.

Unless it gave him (more) brain damage it won't have any effect on him.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

unloseable parlay on scotty j, NEIL MAGNY, fabio maldonado, phil davis and chad mendes.

Too bad about Scotty.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Wrong thread but while I'm here: These bets are pretty funny thanks for making them.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Ellenberger has struggled fighting guys with good footwork. He ends up reaching with his big punches and looking really bad when he can't find the guy. Kelvin moves his feet pretty well so I think it depends on how much Jake has improved in that department.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Scapegoat posted:

Are you guys going to be nice to jase from now on if Hunt wins?

We welcome the prophet jase1 with open arms.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

got a parlay on pickett, benavidez, frankie eddie, and bobby g.

bobby is a sizable underdog for some reason.

People will bet on the guy with a cool highlight reel before they'll bet on a guy who wins decisions against good fighters.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

The Duck of Death posted:

I might end up drunk enough to bet on Diaz.

e: I did

Get this man a shot.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I think if Mark Hunt was fine in Werdum's guard then Cain will be too.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
This Saturday and it is a ppv.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Gomi doesn't have good striking, he just hits hard. He also has a worse gas tank than Lauzon. I think he has to finish early or he'll get taken down and submitted.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

manyak posted:

Lauzon also has bad striking but hits hard

True but that isn't his only avenue to victory like the drunken boxhead.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

It was even more of a domination than the last fight. In the first one he was much more conservative and actually cared about defense. This one he had no respect for anything Barao had at all.

Bundt pointed it out in the other thread but TJ took a head kick that I thought was going to at least wobble him but he just kinda jumped in Barao's face right after. Barao had nothing for him and this just confirms that Cruz would have eaten him alive as well.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Hominick also made him work a lot more in the stand up than he was used to and Aldo used more offensive wrestling than usual which probably contributed.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

oh look, jim miller is an underdog against chiesa. i'm getting on that.

loving how? What are the odds?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

i'm getting 2.5:1 on my bookies and that's easily good enough for me

drat that's a good bet.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Tezcatlipoca posted:

loving how? What are the odds?

Well don't I look dumb.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Poirier gets punched by everyone he fights and Duffy is good at punching. I don't think he's a good bet in this fight.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
He said different not better.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

i put a hunned on gunnar because he is an obscene underdog

I think this fight is gonna look a lot like his fight against Story.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

vainman posted:

I put $50 on gunny. I'm not convinced Einstein can wrestle and that was a big part of the story fight

WREAM

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

jase1 posted:

1k on STIPE MIOCIC at +159 and 1k on Leslie Smith at +1050.

Godspeed

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

jase1 posted:

10k on Diaz. Poker is killing me this month and I am on pace to have my second losing month unless 209 motherfucker comes through for me. If I lose this I might actually have to start shooting pool again and grind up some earnings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFLqya9_Ikk&t=155s

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

jase1 posted:

That loss put me at -17k for the month on my gambling. I have been getting my rear end handed to me at the poker table too. Wife shut me down for the month because she knows I will chase like a motherfucker and she is right. So we decided to go on vacation for 2 weeks until football starts. As long as Disney and Universal studios don't have things to gamble on I should be okay. I feel like overall in MMA I am still ahead but it can't be by much. At one point I know I was up to 30k profit from MMA gambling but since I changed bookies I lost most of my info on that. Awesome fight either way and I was going nuts went Diaz made that comeback at the end of the 2nd and all of the third. I thought with the takedown at the end of the fight it would have sealed it for Diaz but I guess I don't know poo poo about scoring because every where I have read says the scoring was pretty spot on.

Each round is scored individually so the takedown at the end of the fight only really secured the 5th round for Diaz. He still lost 3 other rounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

got no gut feelings about this card so i've just got $30 on a long multi. smilin sam, joe, paige, oliveira, handsome carlos.

Good luck, I like those bets.