Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boregasm
Nov 18, 2009

Fentry posted:

I've decided to break my don't bet on mma rule recently so been looking forward to this weekend. What's everyone got on this weekend's fights?

I put 20 on Rivera at +275 with an additional 5 at +375 if he finishes Bisping, which I think he has a good chance of. Not quite sure why, but I've felt since I heard this fight announced that it was Rivera's fight to win, hope he pulls it out.

Also put 10 on a parlay of Lytle and Tuscherer, Since Lytle is fairly consistent against lower competition and Hunt is gonna get wrestled on.

I also put a few small bets on Fisher by decision at +350, BJ finishing Fitch at +300, and Zhang vs Reinhardt lasting a full round at +200.

I also put 5 bucks on the little girl from True Grit winning and 5 bucks on Jennifer Lawrence winning for Winter's Bone at 30 to 1 since I liked both those movies.

This post will soon be evidence of how dumb I am.

And this is why the thread title is "Don't Bet On MMA"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boregasm
Nov 18, 2009
Roop/Kingsbury/Herman/Guida parlay pays out for me after having a big losing streak.

Boregasm
Nov 18, 2009
I've got a Boetsch/Diaz/Kos/Jones parlay that will be ruined when Jones slips on some sweat and knocks himself out in the 1st round.

Boregasm
Nov 18, 2009
I'm running a Volkman-Castillo-Hendricks-Cerrone parlay that's still alive. I've also slightly hedged the bet with a bet on Diaz since the odds are so wide on that fight.

Boregasm
Nov 18, 2009
I actually won money by overbetting on Diaz, but on the otherhand, Cerrone you're a loving stupid rear end in a top hat.

Boregasm
Nov 18, 2009
In non-plastic belt betting news, Michael Johnson is +190 despite the very real fact that Shane Roller's striking is putrid and his MMA wrestling isn't developed yet. Do the smart thing and bet all your money on Johnson.

Boregasm
Nov 18, 2009

Boregasm posted:

In non-plastic belt betting news, Michael Johnson is +190 despite the very real fact that Shane Roller's striking is putrid and his MMA wrestling isn't developed yet. Do the smart thing and bet all your money on Johnson.

If you aren't rolling around in cash like Scrooge McDuck you've got nobody to blame but yourself.

Boregasm
Nov 18, 2009
Roop moved from +120 to -130 overnight.

Boregasm
Nov 18, 2009
Maia hosed up my parlay. I picked him because I expected Weidman to look like poo poo in the late rounds after cutting 32lbs in 11 days. Serves me right to root for a Brazilian.

Boregasm
Nov 18, 2009
The only decent bet on this card is Figueroa at -130. He had an amazing fight with McDonald on very short notice and embarrassed Reinhardt (such great heights) whereas Bruce Leroy has only looked good in his strength (striking) against Cole Escovedo, who sucks. 6 days notice and cut 20lbs and held his own against a real prospect in McDonald, compared to some dude who's only in the UFC because he's relatively charismatic in a shallow division. Do the smart thing and bet your life savings on Figueroa.

All the other odds on the card are pinpoint. Really well matched card.

Boregasm
Nov 18, 2009
Figueroa has no balls or ground skills but I deserve every dollar that I made off of him.

Boregasm
Nov 18, 2009

Chimney Sweeps Week posted:

how predictable

You jinxed yourself and I am incredibly happy about it. Condit ruined my 4 fight parlay but Nick Diaz tears are priceless.

Boregasm
Nov 18, 2009
I put money on Herman at -120 but it should be a stay away/low bet fight due to the circumstances. I'm just a degenerate.

Boregasm
Nov 18, 2009
As far as underdogs are concerned I'm light on Lauzon and betting decently on Hunt straight up. Something in my mind says that Hunt can exploit Kongo's bad stand up defense in between cage clinching and shorts pulling. I was also tempted to bet on Akiyama because Shields has the worst looking stand up this side of Mayhem, but I think he'll be able to take Akiyama down, especially after round 1 when Akiyama will be gassed to poo poo.

My Frankie/Rampage/Shields/Hunt/Zhang parlay cannot fail and will make me very rich.

Boregasm
Nov 18, 2009
McCall has very, very good footwork and boxing (in addition to being really well rounded in general). Mighty Mouse is probably slighlty faster than him and, from what I've seen, has better wrestling and top control. That said, Mighty Mouse might not have the speed to stifle Uncle Creepy's standup like he was able to against Cruz. I'm picking MM to win but I wouldn't bet on it straight up. It's a stayaway for me.

Boregasm
Nov 18, 2009

iLikeMidgets posted:

Frank Mir is +275 against Cormier. I'm really tempted to put a few dollars on this. Can anyone convince me otherwise?
I do realize Mir falls down quite abit when someone throws a punch in his direction BUT I'm really hoping he uses his ground game before that happens.

Cormier is a far superior wrestler, is faster, and has more fluid footwork. He also hits pretty hard and has really solid striking technique. You'd have to bet on Mir knocking down Cormier because he isn't likely to get a takedown.

The fight is gonna look like Cormier vs Bigfoot.

Boregasm
Nov 18, 2009

Captain Log posted:

Awesome night to bet on Hendricks winning by knockout AND that fight not going to decision.

You're goddamn right. Team Takedown forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boregasm
Nov 18, 2009

MacDeuce posted:

Mir's boxing isn't horrible by heaveyweight standards and Cormier's hands only looked good against Bigfoot iirc. He also has a tendency to break his hands pretty often.

The line is a little bit off, but I still wouldn't bet money on Frank Mir though, DC's probably gonna smash him and take a 30-27 decision.

Cormier outclassed Barnett on the feet with movement and speed. Barnett has really solid boxing too.