Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quodio Stotes
Aug 8, 2010

by angerbot
Its been said not to bet on your favorites, but how bout someone you met in person and partied with? I might have to do it for UFC 127, it will be hard to resist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quodio Stotes
Aug 8, 2010

by angerbot

henkman posted:

I don't see how that at all makes a difference. It just sounds like you want everyone to know you partied with a fighter.

just a joke, not trying show off, far from it, more pointing out how it will be harder to resist betting on nice guy i've met and a favorite on top of that.

Quodio Stotes
Aug 8, 2010

by angerbot
Anyone betting on Hendo?

Quodio Stotes
Aug 8, 2010

by angerbot

red19fire posted:

Bodog.eu is now bovada.lv. I think I'm going to pull my money out of Latvia.

I was going to start betting than I saw this the other day, What is the 2nd go to site for mma betting? (reliable, cash out quick etc.)

Quodio Stotes
Aug 8, 2010

by angerbot

DekeThornton posted:

Are you Americans unable to go to online bookies, such as Betsson and Unibet, for some reason? How can that be prevented?

Yea, its pretty drat ridiculous but we are the country of contradictions. My state (New Jersey) has a dry communities where no liquor can be bought or sold (though there are very few, around 6), and we also have towns where bars can serve alcohol 24hrs a day (again this is rare/odd). On top of that I cannot place bets on sports online in my state/country, but in a matter of months I will be able to drive an hour and place those same bets in person (Atlantic city passed the legalization of sports betting). Much of the country does not give a gently caress about gambling, same sex marriage, etc. but we share this land with people like the duggar family.

As of now, certain sites take bets from Americans via credit or debit cards, but the options are generally more limited for us. That being said there are a few reliable books. We have to jump through more hoops, and certain options of payment are not available (our congress made paypal stop letting us use them as a conduit to gamble online).

Quodio Stotes
Aug 8, 2010

by angerbot
Am I reading this wrong? Bisping is a -200 favorite against maia? That does not seem right at all.

Quodio Stotes
Aug 8, 2010

by angerbot

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Maia is going to crush Bisping and it will be hilarious.

Im definately betting on this.

Quodio Stotes
Aug 8, 2010

by angerbot

Paul Pot posted:

Nobody expects Bisping to finish Maia or anyone else for that matter, what gave you that impression?

Tezcatlipoca, that's even worse if you're picking Maia by decision.

Posters unironically trying to credmine off the ole 'Bisping=bad, check out his double' meme is what this forum needs more of, so I'll stop this.

Bisping is an entirely mediocre fighter, lacks dimension, and is a shithead to boot why do you expect him to have fans here or anyone who believes in him? Being hated for sucking is not a meme. Also gently caress the word meme I am hearing it way too often these days

Quodio Stotes
Aug 8, 2010

by angerbot
apparently Nate Diaz opened up at +190 against Jim Miller. A- what books post lines this early B- I'm thinking of signing up between 5 dimes and bovada what should I do? Bovada seems to put lines up too late, but 5 dimes is asking me to provide part of my ssn to use my debit card.

Quodio Stotes
Aug 8, 2010

by angerbot

Paul Pot posted:

2. since you're one of those geniuses that thought maia should be favored against bisping, i would strongly advise against betting real money and instead to stick with being a highly opinionated goon.

Ha, ok bud. Hey, everybody look, the shithead got back from his 30 day vacation, what a treat.
Hey look what someone said

Paul Pot posted:

Maia is a good bet but there's no reason to believe Maia isn't another favorable stylistic matchup for Bisping. It'll depend on how good Maia put his strikes and takedowns together IMO..

I really hope you hit the sticks again soon. Also, no-one knew who gassy maia was gonna be, and the reason bisping looked good during the chael fight is cause he caught and stunned chael early (and was grabbing the cage like a forlorn ape). Bisping is no way immune to wrestling now.

Quodio Stotes
Aug 8, 2010

by angerbot

Paul Pot posted:

Good bet as a 3 to 1 underdog or w/e he was, not good enough that he should've been favored as the dummies were advocating. Bisping has always had great defensive grappling btw, but feel free to ignore my friendly advice and bet on a sport you don't understand.

Oh, I will ignore you dont worry.

Quodio Stotes
Aug 8, 2010

by angerbot

heeebrew posted:

Do people bet on Bellator? Is that a ridiculous question in the first place?

People bet on womens college ice hockey and what color the gatorade will be when it's dumped on the winning coach at the superbowl. So yea I'm sure people do and if you look around you could find somewhere that takes wagers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quodio Stotes
Aug 8, 2010

by angerbot

Fozzy The Bear posted:

I am going to bet on MMA for the first time next ppv. What websites do people here use?

If you are American, Bovada and 5dimes are the books of choice. If not... then I don't know.