Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gomi Pile
Jan 19, 2011

by Ozmaugh

ChampRamp posted:

Any infamous lines from old fights? I just started looking at lines like a year ago for fun.

the sokodjou fights against rogerio and arona both had him as massive underdogs. serra/gsp and werdum/fedor were also huge upsets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gomi Pile
Jan 19, 2011

by Ozmaugh

Xguard86 posted:

One thing I did not see:
Do not bet on your favorite fighter: If you are a passionate fan, it is very hard to step back and get enough perspective to make intelligent choices. Look at the Coleman bandwagon for how perspectives can get warped.

Bj Penn is my favorite, I even bought his book. I still won 200 dollars on Edgar in their rematch, because he beat him once, was the champ and was still an underdog. Because Penn fans are dumb.

bet on your favourite fighter. every morning wake up and open palm slam some money on sergei

Gomi Pile
Jan 19, 2011

by Ozmaugh
one of you guys with the autism compose a win % thing for the ufc based on corner colour. so like how often does the blue corner win?

Gomi Pile
Jan 19, 2011

by Ozmaugh

ForbiddenWonder posted:

I'm thinking about taking Sergei tomorrow, what about the rest of ya'll? I don't have much faith in Andrei at all.

i have a pile of money in a bodog account, and can't get it out because you need a copy of your previous paycheck to verify your identity or whatever. i will put all of it on the sergei.

Gomi Pile
Jan 19, 2011

by Ozmaugh

attackmole posted:

Bodog doesn't work that way, but feel free to put all your money on Sergei anyways.

I guess they changed it in the last few years. I'm still betting it all on sergei.

Gomi Pile
Jan 19, 2011

by Ozmaugh
i'm gonna eat next week.

Gomi Pile
Jan 19, 2011

by Ozmaugh
you should bet on jake shields because he is going to win. it seems pretty simple.

Gomi Pile
Jan 19, 2011

by Ozmaugh
WHO COULD HAVE FORESEEN THIS

Gomi Pile
Jan 19, 2011

by Ozmaugh
i think i bet money on jake shields as soon as the fight was announced but i don't remember how to use the betting thing. time will tell

Gomi Pile
Jan 19, 2011

by Ozmaugh
team punishment sounds like a tight knit group

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gomi Pile
Jan 19, 2011

by Ozmaugh
statistics are bad and dumb and gomi is going to win