Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i'm not, because pettis gonna win y'all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Fentry posted:

So what is it like to be so wrong.

it's alright, i know not to bet so the only thing i lost was 15 or so minutes of my life

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Beowulf LaGrange posted:

gonna bet a small parlay on mexicutioner/jon olav/munoz/kenny/jds. Cool Mans Bet.

good idea except for the part where you bet money on a fight between a guy who hasnt fought for 5 years and was retired by necrotising fasciitis and a man who trained by wrestling his furniture and got knocked out by a korean heavyweight

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
can we get some post event life lesson learning posts please

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Rodrigo Nogueira Admits He Rushed Rehab in Order to Fight at UFC 134

Bodog:
Brendan Schaub wins inside distance +120
Brendan Schaub wins by 3 round decision +240

:crossarms:

encouraging acts of profound evil is bannable

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Everyone who bet against Nogueira post here asap. You've earned it.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Korbal posted:

well there go most of my winnings. I really regretted my bet last night at the weigh ins.. don't bet on mma folks

e: I didn't expect Bart to be able to rock Tyson enough before being taken down or to be able to submit Tyson. Didn't see him as having the power needed to ko/tko Tyson. Guess I was wrong. Also Bart was coming off a layoff/injury and it was his first cut to 145. gently caress.

you bet a semi large amount of money on a guy who just lost to gomi. let this be a lesson to you. go and sin no more.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

world b lee posted:

No one's betting on this crap UK card huh? I think Pickett has good value as the slight underdog against Barao, who isn't gonna be able to wrestle The Only Good British Wrestler. The hype is the only reason Barao is favored here.

I'd take that and maybe depending on the odds a bet on Leben because of Munoz's uncanny ability to get dropped by nearly everybody he fights. That said, I do not bet on MMA.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
As an Overeem superfan and avid not-gambler, given everything that's gone on in Overeem's training camp and the fact that Brock is somehow an underdog that seems as smart as gambling can get

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Search your feelings, Duncan, you can't do this. I feel the conflict within you. Let go of your common sense and bet on mma.

when i heard that bodog changed their name to something that rhymes with "porrada" i seriously considered it

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
UK gambling degenerates: bodog's uk site seems pretty bad, are there more options when you actually have an account? Their international one lets you parlay prop bets, can you do that on the uk site?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Lionel RichTea posted:

I haven't got a bodog account, but from the looks of it what you see is what you get. The UK version is notoriously poo poo, I wouldn't recommend it.

is there somewhere you would recommend? i saw a plausible parlay that pays nearly 600 bucks for an outlay of 10 and i'm ready to abandon my principles

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Hettes and Cerrone by decision and Gustafsson by stoppage. Also I got a free bet so I put that on Volkmann.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I considered putting Kim and Fitch by decision in it as well, but upon reflection, I wouldn't want to sully the purity of willing them to decisions for no reward other than spiritual. Namaste.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
The only thing that can ruin my night now is Nate Diaz. Don't you dare you cotton mouthed little rat.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I hope you get hosed by one of those bulls, Donald

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Big Bob Pataki posted:

The new centsports site (freesportsbet) has MMA again y'all

Hey, does over/under betting work the complete opposite way to the way I assumed? Because

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Xguard86 posted:

Then again, I guess all the insane parlays really messes that up since you can win $0 being right 2/3rds of the time.

All I learned from this experience is that Cowboy's a loving moron and I should hedge my bets next time I see a [in arnold voice] Cool Parlay.

And seriously, someone explain under/over to me. I thought I was betting on it going over 1.5 rounds, and it went 3, which to the best of my knowledge is more than 1.5. Why is the computer machine saying I'm wrong?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

david carmichael posted:

i hope you learned a valuable lesson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMzUvy-jJps#t=5m45s

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I learned my lesson, and instead of placing money on one parlay, I placed the free money that Volkmann gave me on about 8 parlays. Will update you when I'm a millionaire.

Also put down a princely sum of £2.50 on Omigawa because while Alcantara hits hard, he's not a great wrestler and Omigawa has a good chance of just tripping him over a lot and holding him tight like a security blanket.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Bundt Cake posted:

quoting in advance

you bet on a skinny twig man

Etim's a decent but risky underdog pick, he's a very good striker in his own right and has a couple of subs he's really good at. What he does well, he does extremely well, but Barboza is rightfully the favourite.

Captain Log posted:

Has anyone noticed that Gonzaga is fighting a weird skinny/chubby bullshido guy? Put all of your moneys on the Gonzaga.

His nickname is "Lula Molusco", which is what Squidward from Spongebob is called in Brazil, and his team are already trying to get him to 205 despite being 6'7"

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

fatherdog posted:

I always did feel like the main thing missing from the lightheavyweight division was Kendall Grove

~when you wish upon a struve~

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
mario yamasaki ruined everything

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Question: what happens to bets if the Erick Silva decision is reversed?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Bubba Smith posted:

You're most likely hosed. As am I.

you can say that again !!

i also parlayed palhares and silva together :milk:

thus far in my gambling debauchery adventure, the only bets i have won have come on jacob volkmann and rousimar palhares, which is like saying you won your groceries at the checkout. all i have learned so far is that donald cerrone and mario yamasaki are stupid assholes.

i have £6.55 left in my account after this event, with an initial outlay of £10. i guess it could be worse.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Max Awfuls posted:

So, how much money has Yamasaki taken from you?

in real terms, about £7. in theoretical terms, i dunno, like £50? duff man is a cautious cat.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Also is it just me or does almost every fight on the next FOX card set off your "absolutely do not bet on this" alarm? I can't even postulate a single totally sick parlay to narrowly lose right now.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
after last night i am now only 60p from where i started, if kamal shalorus were not so profoundly terrible i would have the princely sum of £2.90 as my career profit. having made -60p in a one month span, i can conclusively say that "don't bet on mma" is a terrible maxim as this is clearly a wise investment.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Pierce is secretly a really good fighter and this is going to be a very competitive fight

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Also since this is the degenerates thread, my den of iniquity has Kos by decision at +100 and Pierce by decision at +333, and this is a fight I see being a close decision. I bet both ways :getin:

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Ty1990 posted:

I'd disagree with this personally, but I'm not going to act like I break down film on each man.

he can throw power shots with more than one hand

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Ty1990 posted:

Well I'm relativley new to following MMA (around UFC 100 I started following) so I reckon most posters here have stronger grip on this than I do...care to explain why? I realize "it's a fight and it only takes one shot", but when I heard this mathchup I expected at least a -300 price stamped on Kos.

You got lucky this time, but soon you will learn not to bet on MMA.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Bubba Smith posted:

this might be the first card in a while where an upset doesn't happen (betting wise) unless Nelson or Condit win.

All of my dumb parlays with like five favorites are pretty much a sure thing now.

I've made like a billion long parlays on this card which have pushed me into profit. Cool party.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

i forget how much this parlay pays. this is where a diaz robs me of money again.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
how predictable

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

david carmichael posted:

WEIRD. WHO COULD HAVE PREDICTED THAT BETTING ON MMA WOULD BE UNPROFITABLE

actually thus far i've made £7. read it and weep.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Bubba Smith posted:

Does anyone else think Dave Herman at -125 to Stefan Struve is a decent bet? Jiu-jitsu doesn't work and all. Not on Dave Herman.

Probably, but I also can't imagine a fight screaming "holy poo poo don't bet on me" any harder than Stefan Struve vs Dave Herman

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I would take that bet. Pat Barry, Sean McCorkle and Christian Morecraft are all confirmed terrible HW's. At least the jury is still out on Einemo.

Dave Herman lost to a Korean heavyweight

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Regular Big Stupid Parlay Update: That stupid rear end in a top hat with the stupid hair ruined it by hurting his ankle and not going and getting beaten up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Paul Pot posted:

Stop being so greedy, MMA is just too dumb for huge parlays.

Edgar at even odds and Akiyama as a 4-1 underdog seem like the best bets. Probably gonna parlay Frankie with Rampage because I can't picture Bader winning that fight.

actually it is exactly dumb enough and they ended up paying out anyway