Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

fatherdog posted:

How would you describe it compared to, say, Mark Munoz

15 lbs lighter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

jase1 posted:

Ticket#:15562251
Aug 17 08:00 PM
INTERNET / -1 Aug 16 05:33 PM
MU
STRAIGHT BET
[24205] T. BROWNE +185
(T. BROWNE vrs A. OVEREEM)

25 / 46

hahaha

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
I still feel that I was right to laugh

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Hioki has all the talent in the world but good God that is a man you should not ever trust with your money. He's a brilliant grappler but he has a critical inability to adjust mid fight and sometimes will just fight the stupidest possible fight for no reason whatsoever. Watch his fight with Kim Jong Man to see just how badly he can poo poo the bed against the ultimate gimme opponents.

I always thought he'd do some good work in the first round or maybe round and a half then start coasting

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Thank you MMA bettors

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Glad you all lost

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

outy posted:

I've taken Gonzaga

im glad someone did. I dont keep up on this stuff anymore but when i saw the line I wished id put some money on it for fun and also to feel smart, which is why im posting this

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

turntabler posted:

I bet $200 on machida to win by KO and got $454, and $50 on a parlay of Lineker and Manuwa to both win by KO and got $177.

Rent is getting paid this week.

congrats reckless goon

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

i love this thread

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Costa sucks terribly do not place money on him

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

turntabler posted:

Didn't Costa used to train with Serra/longo but changed camp? If he's still with them I'd be more inclined to bet on him.

His proven ability to win ugly decisions that he actually lost makes him seem like a good bet in some ways, but hes facing the king of winning lovely fights

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Fat Twitter Man posted:

That was his last fight.

honest to god, I thought carmont was the match up we were talking about

Bundt Cake fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jan 15, 2014

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Dont bet on cerrone unless you know the other guy sucks

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

turntabler posted:

$380 on Aldo - barao - overeem.

duck - duck - goose

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Wrestling > Judo

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
nope

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

outy posted:

Why would anyone want to laugh at the misfortune of others? Unless their own lives were so full of failure that a glimpse of someone else's sadness is the only thing that brings them any happiness.

I might make a bet, but if I do then I hope I lose it and bring a glimmer of light into your dark life.

lol

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
I cant believe betting on Rumble Johnson was the right move

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
imo Brown is a live dog. Really live. I think Silvas the better fighter, but stylistically I think Joe Silva is testing him against someone who will apply the same amount of pressure he hasn't been able to handle so far. Plus his usual advantages in speed, power and movement are there, but there pretty undermined by the fact he leaves his hands down all the time. It really doesnt matter that he can probably defend browns takedowns because they're basically two aggressive power punchers who are tough and dont protect their chins. if Silva has an advantage, its marginal.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
basically, even though he won't have to worry about the takedown as much, he's still going to get pressured and Brown is more dangerous in a brawl than Dong, if anything. Whatever im not saying bet on it, but he just got killed by a guy who had success pressuring him, and nailing him with a hard punch in a brawl, which are like MAtt Browns main characteristics

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

turntabler posted:

What about on the ground? I've only seen browns more recent fights but there's a lot of sub losses on his record.

I think Silvas better there but

Lloyd Boner posted:

I can't remember Erick Silva ever going for a takedown.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
If Silva hurts him, id think Silva would have a chance to tap him. Brown lost that way 3 times in a row once

I dont think it makes much of a difference though because its a matter of who blasts the other guy first

Bundt Cake fucked around with this message at 18:36 on May 8, 2014

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Earlier I said Im not saying bet on Brown, now i am saying bet on Brown. Bet on Brown. Bet on MMA.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Even if Ellenbergers wrestling isnt as good as Hendricks, which I think it is, its infinitely more dangerous because Hendricks doesn't know how to do anything once he gets someone down. Ellenberger has some decent gnp.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

2 fat 4 my lambo posted:

didn't Hendricks land some good GnP on GSP in the 4th

I cant quite remember, but if he did its the only time, cuz I watched all his UFC fights recently and he never passed anybodies guard or really did anything. Hes given up and stood up because of pretty dish rag looking guards

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Every dollar counts. well maybe not every dollar. or every person, but I appreciate it

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Once you(r nuts) pop you cant stop

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

-Atom- posted:

attention fatherdog:

please remove the "Don't" on this thread title because I feel like it might discourage potential degenerates

tia

Please no

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

jase1 posted:

Hello friends I give this gift to you. I have a free $500 from my bookie and I am going to bet it all on one bet. You guys choose what you want me to bet and I will bet it. I have no clue on what events are coming up so let me know what day the fight is and I will place the bet.

I love and trust you

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

jase1 posted:

I will now return to losing money betting on football. Thanks for the the $250 bucks last night. I took that money and bet it on 23 red at the roulette table and lost it all in one spin on my way back to the poker table. So that blood money is gone.

I salute you

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

jase1 posted:

I see 3 fights left for the night that I can bet on any requests?

Edit: Ah gently caress it the only fighter I know on the card is Lawler. I remember him almost getting his leg kicked off then knocking a dude out. So $500 to win $850 on Lawler.

You Da Man

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Burkman and Lombard are both bad, and they're both stiff slowpokes with bad gas, so gently caress this fight

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Lombards biggest strength is his ability to be great in Joe Rogan's commentary

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

jase1 posted:

3 in a row for MMA. I am no longer the prophet I once was.

My wife thanks you guys for the new winter coat she will be receiving tomorrow.

She's welcome

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
hes good

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Thanks for trying

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
cro cops chance of winning is really low

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Viper_3000 posted:

I've got well over a grand on Mayweather in various forms this weekend. Hit him at hard at -220, -210, -200, hard again at -190, and 12rd decision at -109. Super small bet on the draw at +1275 or some poo poo like that, in case of some Vegas boxing fuckery to get a rematch.

Also on Lomachenko/Rodriguez under 9.5 rds at +135 for a small bit of change.

By the end of the night I'll be popping black bottles at the bar ala The Money Team or drowning myself in a large bottle of Rebel Yell whiskey at home.

I love boxing y'all.

You're evil, but I'd vote for you.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Captain Log posted:

Gambling isn't for you.

You need to cloak it in more irony so he's more encouraged to bet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

LIKEINEEDTHIS posted:

Sorry boys just a couple more quick questions. Which sites have Belfort winning at 6.87? The only Australian place I could find that takes bets on MMA was sportsbet which had it listed at 4.75. & what reason would they have for not falling in line with what I'm guessing are the offical/U.S/Vegas odds?

BTW If my soliciting for MMA gambling advice in a thread with :siren:DON'T BET ON MMA :siren: in the title is unwelcome please feel free to emptyquote and lmao the poo poo out of my dumb posts

I want you to bet, and post, cuz its funny and sort of happy when someone wins or somebody gloats about being right