Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

jase1 posted:

Nah i was going to but the wife put her foot down and told me no so I better listen to her or I'll be tucked

:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

jase1 posted:

Thankfully gullible MMA fans bet on Conor so I could get -357. It opened at like -2000 which is why I said I wouldn't bet this fight. My bookie made a killing tonight he only had 25 people bet mayweather and like 100 or so bet on Conor. He bet a shitload on mayweather too we both just couldn't believe people even thought Conor had a chance.

I don't know if you'd even know, and if you did whether you'd be willing to say, but any idea what the size of those bets were? I can imagine people saying,"Well he's not gonna win but the odds are so good I'll place a small bet on and maybe make a few hundred on the off-chance a miracle happens" but I cannot wrap my head around anybody putting large bets against what was essentially the inevitable outcome.

Every time I read that there was a significant amount bet on Conor to win, I imagine it being thousands of small bets adding up as opposed to a smaller number of large ones.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This is so off the wall and weird that I don't even really know how to react other than please don't do it anymore, man.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

In all seriousness, the number one rule of gambling (and investment) is not to bet money you can't afford to lose. Jase seems to be doing pretty loving fine in that regard.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

gently caress only just read about the cancer, so glad the procedure sounds like it went well, have a speedy recovery jase

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

jase1 posted:

the cancer is gone for now.

:hellyeah:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

handsome only face posted:

Jon Jones suspension odds

God bless America :patriot:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

jase1 posted:

Bookie texted me and said my bet is canceled. What happened?

Holloway has been deemed medically unfit to compete. No other details given. Pettis I believe may be his replacement but he still has to weigh in.

Edit:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Apr 6, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That's awesome, reminds me of Max Holloway responding to being the underdog by laughing that his fans got rich :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

jase1 posted:

5k on Ngannou at +175.

Goddamn, good luck friend.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Congrats on the money, jase1

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HamsterPolice posted:

Put 200 on Anthony smith at +575.

America, nay... the world, salutes you sir :patriot:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

jase1 posted:

5k paraly on cuedo and Ferguson that pays like 12k.

Goddamn, well done.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

jase1 posted:

5k parlay on Stipe and Diaz that pays like 15k

Holy gently caress. Well done.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

handsome only face posted:

15 on Meerschaert 🤪

The agony and ecstasy of betting on MMA :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Best of luck Jase, I've loved reading your stories and some of the bets you've made have left my jaw hanging. God I hope Spivak KOs Greg Hardy even more than I already did.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

loving awesome! Congrats Jase!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

jase1 posted:

Monday Morning I am going to the dealer and ordering my wife her new car and she has no clue.

Hell yes! Also goddamn that's a pretty car :stare:

Beat cancer's rear end, Jase!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That rules

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Marching Powder posted:

god speed you maniac lol

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

jase1 posted:

the very first pair of Jordan’s I bought were the Carolina blue ones and I remember some girl liked them so much she gave me a blowjob in the parking lot of chi-chis.

drat those must have been some stylish loving shoes!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Remember folks, the house ALWAYS wi-

jase1 posted:

Total profit for my vegas trip after all expenses paid including my wife’s shopping and all gambling totals is $295,316.25.

Jase won.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

jase1 posted:

lol your parlay made the broadcast!

Ahaha, I was wondering if that was somebody here :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The best of luck to you jase

Gumball Gumption posted:

Thank you for sharing so much with us.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

drat, kind of hoped he would somehow find a way to beat the odds yet again. Rest in peace, his posts were always such a delight to read.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I think I remember this right: he told a great story about hustling a couple of dudes, one of their girlfriends mocking them into demanding another game and then them beating Jase who couldn't believe his bad luck, only for his uncle to laughingly explain to him that HE was the one who got hustled? I hope I remember that right because it was one of my favorites, and I loved that Jase was completely open about talking about the times he was on the other end of a hustle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Holy loving poo poo :psyduck:

Well, at least we all got a lot of fun out of his stories, and now an entirely new type of fun I guess.