Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Bundt Cake posted:

Don't bet on Lauzon against Pettis. its crazy. Pettis is a really good fighter, and theres a good chance Lauzon won't be able to get him down at all. And even if he gets him down, theres slim to no chance hes going to be the first guy to TKO Pettis. There are a lot of times when I have and would pick Lauzon but this ain't one

Alright, this sounds good. Just like fatherdog talked about Joe Lauzon seems like a really good fighter too (at certain times during the fight) and I figured he may be able to win the first two rounds in a fight that goes to the decision. But I guess I'll just stay away and put more money on Frankie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
wow. bet all kinds of money on frankie edgar winning some award.

So far I have bet exactly 5 dollars on Frankie Edgar and that is it. I'm being kind of a puss with this card. Joe Lauzon was gonna be my dumb upset bet but you guys talked me out of that and now gently caress.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

yeah, right now I'm just thinking on betting on a few fights going to a decision (Okami/Boetsch, Shields/Akiyama, Edgar/Ben Henderson). I feel a little more confident on those.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Bubba Smith posted:

so, uhh

thanks bundt cake for not letting me bet on Lauzon.

I owe you bro

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

MassRayPer posted:

How did I lose money betting on Frankie Edgar?! Thank god for Hunt and Bader.

Well I bet on Hunt, but I also put a lot on Frankie Edgar and then parlays. Some with Okami and some with Mizugaki and some with Rampage.

soooooooo gently caress. It's kind of funny how betting big on BJ Penn caused me to stop betting for a few months after he lost to Edgar and now Edgar has pretty much cleaned out my bankroll. This mother loving jersey kid is never gonna let me win.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

for the record I totally deserve to get hosed betting against Arizona people. I'm sorry Bader and especially Bendo.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

pinchet posted:

What?

http://bodog.com/

edit: oh apparently the domain has been dormant for a while now, so this is non-news..

yeah. Here you go.

http://www.bovada.lv/

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

I thought Demetrious Johnson had to work to keep muscle on at 135 (similar to how Diego Sanchez does for 170)? So wouldn't Johnson be just as fast if not faster at 125 after he sheds some of the excess muscle?

Either way Demetrious Johnson is too cool to lose to anybody other than Domin8r.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

fatherdog posted:

The question isn't "Will Johnson be as fast at 125" (he will, obviously), it's "Will he be as much faster than other 125ers as he was 135ers?" If he's so fast he's got a huge speed advantage over even other 125ers, that's one thing; if he's fast but not so fast that there's a big difference between him and the guys he's facing now that's something else.

Ahh. I thought it was an issue about him cutting weight. Nevermind then.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Just make sure you don't bet on Frankie Edgar fights. That's my advice.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Paul Pot posted:

Then again, there's the Paulo Thiago argument.

Is that the argument I had with my friend about Paulo Thiago being a good fighter?

Because I really regret debating that so much two years ago.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

I dunno, betting on Herman, wild stuff.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Will Dan Miller do okay at welterweight?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

I don't know why I always have to bet money on Melvin Guillard.

but I do.

cooooome on !!

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

jase1 posted:

Does anyone think Ortiz has a shot of winning?

Nope.

Tito Ortiz is really shot and retiring, while Griffin knows he can win this fight.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Frank Mir won't be able to get Daniel Cormier down. And Mir will get punched, and Cormier is pretty good at punching people. Mir can't seem to take a punch too well.

sooooo yeah

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I saw a headline that said Cormier opened up as -2000 on Staring.

I don't know what any of that means or if I got it right but 2000 is a rather large number.

it means you would have to bet 20 dollars to make 1 dollar off of Daniel Cormier. you could risk 100 dollars, which is a lot of burgers and beer, and barely make enough to buy another burger or a beer. conversely, you could bet the cost of one burger on Dion Staring and then basically win a year's supply of burgers.

yeah.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

ForbiddenWonder posted:

so basically it's going to be FOTY, nice.

Diego Sanchez always retards his way to potential fights of the year. It just helps that Gomi doesn't give a gently caress either.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

fatherdog posted:

Marquardt is staggeringly overrated, but the one area in which he is as good as advertised is cardio, and that makes me leary of an Ellenberger bet since he always fades down the stretch.

I think Ellenberger tried showing in that Hieron fight that he can be a little fresher going into the 3rd round if he paces himself better in the 1st. That made for a somewhat boring fight but he may do something similar again for the Marquardt fight.

I hope not since Jake Ellenberger needs a cool fight again.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

also Mousasi is really weird about training for fights, where he doesn't actually train for them at all, while Gustafsson trains pretty hard and has a good camp over at Alliance.

And you also have to factor in "one of these guys nearly lost to keith jardine. RECENTLY."

and decisioning Shogun isn't a terrible thing. He's very tough to finish and took Jon Jones three rounds of beating him senselessly to get the fight stopped. The Thiago Silva fight was weird though.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

I wonder if Dana is freaking out over what a clusterfuck this card has been

nah, as long as the main and co-main are fine then the rest of the card can suck.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

I know James Te Huna looked okay after that first round with Ryan Jimmo, and Glover Teixeira hasn't looked good since that first round with Fabio Maldonado, but a stoppage by Te Huna is a wild bet.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

I like Pyle for his veteran grittiness and mullet haircut but Story is gonna win. Pyle should be the better striker but Story is a tough dude (not including the Maia fight where he literary bled out his face from a neck crank) and I think Story is going to wrestle him against the cage a bit.

If Pyle does pull off the KO win then that would be cool

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

hahahaha

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Buddy Roberts over Okami is the worst bet in that entire list.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

don't worry jase1, everyone in PSP supports you and this thread would suck without you and your terrible bets!

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

someone get this guy some odds on world peace ASAP so he can bet that it won't happen within a year

hahahahahahahaha

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

origami posted:

Have you actually won anything betting on MMA yet?

jeffersonlives posted:

Because I love you all so much I added up jase1's claimed MMA bets in this thread

-100 on Sonnen vs. Silva 2
-20 on Buddy Roberts vs. Okami
-20 on Justin Lawrence vs. Max Holloway
-100 on Kaufman vs. Rousey
-100 on Bonnar vs. Silva
-5 on Tom Lawlor vs. Carmont
+11 on Waldburger vs. Catone
-10 on James Head vs. Pyle
-10 on Brookins vs. Poirier
+24 on Barry vs. del Rosario
-14 on Mitrione vs. Nelson
-5 on Thiago Tavares vs. Khabib
-5 on Rothwell vs. Gonzaga
+20 on Belfort vs. Bisping
+160 on Hunt vs. Struve
-100 on Gomi vs. Diego
+175 on Okami vs. Lombard
-300 on Diaz vs. GSP
-100 on Condit vs. Hendricks
+100 on Camozzi vs. Ring
-10 on Smith vs. McDaniel
-10 on Gonzaga vs. Browne
-20 on Tate vs. Zingano
-25 on Magelhaes vs. Phil Davis
+25 on Nelson vs. Kongo
-25 on Belcher vs. Bisping
-50 on Sonnen vs. Jones
-143 on Nelson vs. Miocic
-100 on Hendo vs. Rashad
-20 on Leben vs Craig
-20 on Boetsch vs Munoz
-50 on Roger vs Kennedy
-25 on Oliviera vs Edgar
-85 on Silva vs Weidman
Total loss is $927, 7 winning bets out of 34 placed (though to be fair jase does bet on a lot more big underdogs than big favorites).

I updated it.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

l3ruce posted:

I feel like this is a surefire loser.

I'd only be worried about the top 3 picks. All the others look good, but there is way too much stupidity between Browne/Overeem/Sonnen/Rua to depend on any one outcome, and Yuri Alcantara is a dangerous dude if Faber can't wrestle him down.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Captain Log posted:

Okami as a two to one underdog, worth a gamble?

Sure. Okami is one of the best in the world. He lacks heart, that's about it.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

fatherdog posted:

What matches, exactly, has Okami demonstrated this alleged lack of heart in

He seemed to give up in the Silva fight after he couldn't take him down in the first and then got jabbed a couple of times, but most guys end up like that when facing Anderson Silva so that's not a knock against Okami. However, in the Boetsch and Lombard fights I think Okami showed a slight lack of heart. Boetsch started pressuring him a bit he didn't know how to react and then got TKO'd, and then recently when Lombard came on strong in the 3rd round he almost got TKO'd again, but Lombard kind of sucks so Okami was able to recover. Okami hasn't been put in a situation too many times because he's better than most people in the division, but when he gets pressured he doesn't seem to react very well to it.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

fatherdog posted:

You know that "heart" and "chin" are different words, right

Okay, so you were right fatherdog. I was thinking that Okami's chin is the problem, not his heart.

Sorry for all you dudes that bet on Okami. He still is one of the best.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Agreed. Bader almost beat the guy about to fight Jones for the title, and in general aside from losing to Tito Ortiz, Ryan Bader hasn't had too many embarrassing MMA moments. Perosh is old and "goes for it" and That's gonna be a round 1 finish for Ryan Bader unless he fights conservatively.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

I have to say, if Hector Lombard knocks out Jake Shields in the 1st round then he was totally worth the contract.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

yeah, they could do Boetsch vs Cain at +1000 odds and I'd still put some money on him. The Barbarian isn't that bad.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

hold off on betting he'll be 205+ at weigh-ins

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

I read some cockeyed conspiracy theory about Schlemenko vs Tito being a work for Tito to win and as insane as that sounds I believe anything is possible in Bellator so my advice is either bet on Tito or not at all, probably not at all cause this is MMA betting we're talking about here

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

If that prop bet means Dillashaw gets the most takedowns of anyone on the card then that's a bad bet. Michael Chiesa's whole gameplan is taking people down. But if it's only for the Barao fight then it's worth a shot.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

I could see Dillashaw getting one or two takedowns and Barao getting back up quickly and going back to work on murdering him standing, so it's alright.

What are the odds on Lawler getting the most significant strikes? Mizugaki would also be good for that one if the line isn't too crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

you bet on MMA so badly that you disrupted events in the universe from happening.