Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

henkman posted:

Yes, a D1 wrestler should not be a favorite when fighting someone who just got wrestled on.

Lil Nog got robbed. Anyways so far Bader's striking is better than Phil's and he still got lit up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

jeffersonlives posted:

Just because you keep saying this doesn't make it remotely true.

This too.

Punching someone for more than half the round > lay and praying someone less than half the round. One takedown shouldn't guarantee you a round (the third). Rd 1 was Baders, but 2 was close with Rogerio controlling the pace and fight for longer.

Either way, the thing you should have taken away from that fight was Bader is overrated and stood precisely ZERO chance against bones.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

turntabler posted:

So sports bet has Cormier v. Cummins at +210 for the bout to last less than 1.5 rounds.

This is DC we're talking about but he's fighting a much lower level guy on 10 days notice who called him a cry baby....

My only concern with this play is that DC will make a point of a giving him a protracted beating like he promised to do to Mir or whoever it was. Also it involves betting on MMA.

Do it bro.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I feel like I have 50 dollars too many and would like to apply them to an MMA gambling website so that I can trade them for laughs. What's the happening spot nowadays?

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

acai moonsault posted:

McGregor/Siver to tie on takedowns paid out at just over 2 to 1, although I thought Siver got 1 takedown and McGregor 0?

Naw McGregor did some judo toss or something and was on top for a minute or two.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Nice! posted:

That example has an ev of $50 in my favor. That's actually not a terrible wager.

:thejoke:

There are equal odds of either outcome occuring, but one pays twice as much as the other.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bundt Cake posted:

whats the odds on ross. id say dunhams going to be his best KO yet but the icing he put on stout will be hard to top, even against a hittable herky jerky nothingman like dunham

There was a brief time when Edgar was champ and Dunham kicked Sherks rear end and looked to a legitimate threat to Edgar. I remember being worried that his length could give Frankie trouble. Then Melvin of all people starched him and ruined his career.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Nice! posted:

Thanks jase1

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Good job guys

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Duck of Death posted:

Demian Maia +100 to +115 depending on where you bet.

He will lose. This will probably look similar to Whittaker vs Jacare with the smaller quicker guy avoiding any grappling exchanges and throwing quick shots to disrupt takedown attempts and the pace.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Duck of Death posted:

I have a bad feeling about the fight as a Maia fan, but those odds look off to me (and are apparently the result of Luca Fury betting a huge amount on Masvidal). Maia has also looked nearly flawless lately while Jacare was getting tagged by Boetsch.

Jacare outstriking and tapping Mousasi was IMO as impressive as anything Maia has done at WW. Maia literally has only one way to win and that is to take Masvidal down. He will be way more helpless on the feet than Jacare.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Nice! posted:

Not at all. Maia hits deceptively hard and at one point was outstriking Anderson Silva (when he wasn't hiding behind Herb Dean). Carlos Condit even said Maia knocked him senseless with strikes. They were GnP, iirc, but still.

Also, almost no one at WW has shown any ability at all to stay standing when Maia gets his hands on them. Rory and Jake Shields are the only people who have had any success at all against him at 170.

I don't disagree with your points, but I still believe Jacare is a lot more dangerous as a striker than Maia is. Maia is not pillow fisted but is slow and predictable on the feet. Masvidal is a slick as poo poo striker. Maia will win if he can get him down (and keep him there) before gassing but he won't win a striking battle.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I.N.R.I posted:

i believe dc will probably win .. jones' explaination for his last performance where he looked very uncoordinated and slow was a long layoff of about a year or so. but he's had an even longer layoff going into this fight. and dc is a lot better than ovince st preux, plus he was landing a lot of hard shots in their first fight despite his short reach so it wasnt so one sided as people may think

I berieve

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Masvidal has slick striking but Wonderboy knocked out Bobby Knuckles pretty easily so I see him winning on the feet.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
What’s the go to betting site these days?

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Bet on Stipe.

Is online gambling legal yet? I’ll throw a few Hundo at Stipe if he’s a dog.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Tragic news :(

You’re a true legend and will live on forever in the hearts and minds of many goons.

Godspeed Jase!

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Jase, have you written an autobiography or memoir?

Good luck brother!

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
drat I’m choked up, no lie.

RIP to the GOAT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

el B posted: