Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Hey y'all. Searched the thread but didn't come up with anything. Is there an easy guide to QoS somewhere? I just need to throttle one system by MAC address. It's a PS3, and when Netflix is fired up it destroys the wireless connection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

CuddleChunks posted:

I did some googling and found some info on a Mikrotik forum thread about throttling netflix and other long-haul port 80 traffic but lordy. An easy QoS guide? No such thing. At least, not that I've bumped into. I'll see if I can cobble together some basic instructions for the case you've mentioned.

Awesome, all I really want is to throttle one MAC address, even if it's all traffic to that address.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Weiz posted:

Does it have to be a MAC address? It would be pretty easy to configure either a simple queue or some PCQ for a certain IP. Layer 2 QoS requires much more fiddling.

That should work just fine

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Yea, I gave it a static lease and used that Simple Queue posted above. Worked great. Thanks Microtik thread :unsmith: