Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

They're backordered to heck, I think most places are expecting them in like January if you wanted to place a preorder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Yeah I was looking at one for fun but they're out of stock and i had an immediate need for a silent thing i could set up a bunch of tunnels on for some dumb poo poo so i ended up getting a hEX. i'll need something better when we theoretically get fiber out here next year but for now this is sufficient for the connection available

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Sounds like a win to me, that's what you can expect to measure on gig ethernet and for the wireless that's what I consider a reasonable result for 802.11ac given real world poo poo

Personal victory, the little hEX i bought is handling the fixed wireless connection just fine and it let me set up the assorted tunnels that I need to access work stuff (a lot of them, but low traffic and rarely more than 2 or 3 at a time) all while being silent :toot:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I've run into one or two weird third-party interactions with the 7.x stuff i use at work but it's mostly just "idk i have to specify something i didn't have to before" and honestly it might also be because those ones have complicating factors unrelated to being 7.whatever