Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

drk posted:

That's an interesting new feature and potentially very useful.

That's pretty sick actually! I haven't upgraded since 6.1, but that's pretty compelling to check out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I've been trying to get USB Tethering to Work with my RB2011 and a Galaxy S5 and I for the life of me cannot figure this poo poo out. I thought it was pretty obvious, but once again, all we proved is that I don't know nearly as much about networking as I think I do.

Config capture is included. Basically, I added a DHCP client, a masq rule and that's it. I figured that's all I'd need, but it doesn't really work. I might just need a second set of eyes to tell me where I forgot something stupid...

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Is there a time table for a refresh on the RB2011 series of devices? If we are being honest, it's still totally functional and then some, but my current first world problem is that I can't get more than 18mbs over a VPN, and I feel the need for unnecessary speed.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I used to work a lot with these little things a few years ago and just haven't done any work with the, or networking at all really since a career change. I've had my RB2011 for some time and I haven't had a reason to touch it but alas, here I am wanting to forward a port and I'm too dumb now to do it but for a reason I can't explain. I think I have the NAT rule setup right except that I can't modify the dst port property in that rule:

(Ignore the to-ports value there. I was messing around with stuff and forgot to change it for the screencap)

Maybe I just forgot a step or something in port forwarding since my knowledge has regressed so much. Long story short, I want traffic from port 2626 to get forwarded to my computer on the network. Abstract goal: I want direct connect on Dolphin to work.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Turns out it is just a bug in Winbox. If you switch the protocol to something else and then back to TCP, you can edit the port fields again.

I tried out /webfig/ as well, but left-clicking on objects in the Firewall and NAT menus doesn't work either for mystery reasons (everything else works).

Either way, mystery solved. Change the protocols and stuff works again!

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Is there going to be a wireless variant of that? I dunno why I ask since I wouldn't replace my RB 4011 anyway, but it's a new toy to think about.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

Grimey Drawer
What's the big selling point of the ax2 vs the RB 4011?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

Grimey Drawer

alyandon posted:

Since my experiences with Mikrotik disclosures hasn't been terrible (they seem to address vulns in reasonable time frames when they are aware of them) is there any particular reason I should doubt their claim that they weren't present at the event to receive the disclosure from ZDI?

I know nothing of this situation. My guess is that someone was there, but not in an official capacity, and that person was notified. Whether or not that 'counts' is up to you I guess and again, that's wild speculation.