Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrCold
Nov 4, 2002
I just picked up a RB750GL the other day. The setup wasn't as bad as I had feared. Granted, I have a very simple network config. Just your typical, ~15 device household. Over all I'm very happy with the 750GL and it's nice to finally be able to shut off the over built Pfsense box I was using.

Newbie question time. The router came pre-configured with ether1 as WAN and the rest of the ports slaved off of ether2. The only change I made was to enable some graphs and upnp. Are there any other things I should be configuring on a fresh 750? Clicking through webfig and winbox nothing else really jumped out at me as 'required' for my simple network requirements. My primary reason for going with the router board was to get a device that can handle our 100/5 internet speed which will be moving to 250/15 later this year. I found that the WNDR3700 couldn't keep up with the load we where putting on it. So far the 750GL has been rock solid and barely every peaks 30% cpu usage. One day I'll start looking at QoS, but it hasn't been an issue in the past.

Overall I couldn't be happier with the the RB750GL and now it's time to start looking at wireless APs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU