Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weiz
Dec 12, 2003
Fishman is not just an understanding financial organisation.
If you're like me and enjoy super fast reconvergence with BFD on Cisco, I'd reccomend you pop in to the feature request wiki and vote for BFD with echo mode support. Just edit the article (you'll need to register) and hit the signature button to sign your username and the date.

RouterOS already has some great features but oh boy it can be struggle to get new ones in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weiz
Dec 12, 2003

falz posted:

5.0 and came out and 5.1 quickly after to fix some bugs. I ran 5.0 at home for a bit then upgraded to 5.1, no issues so far on a rb493.
Are you insane? They are still fixing bugs in version 4 and you're going to install something that JUST came out.

Weiz
Dec 12, 2003

falz posted:

All software has bugs, there are features I want in 5.x so I'm running it at home.
Do so at your own risk I guess, but when they're still finding awesome bugs like this for the 5.2 changelog I think I'll wait.

code:
*) route - fixed problem with missing connected routes;

Weiz
Dec 12, 2003
Does it have to be a MAC address? It would be pretty easy to configure either a simple queue or some PCQ for a certain IP. Layer 2 QoS requires much more fiddling.

Weiz
Dec 12, 2003
Yeah seriously, jump all over it. Their default action is deny that a problem exists so anyone that is having this problem make a supout file and email support and keep crossposting to here/there.

Weiz fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jan 9, 2012

Weiz
Dec 12, 2003

Gism0 posted:

Anyone got a decent set of rules for QOS in a home environment? I really just need priority for HTTP, skype and XBox live but a nice thorough set of rules would be nice.
No examples, but Queue trees with PCQ is probably what you want to read about.

Weiz
Dec 12, 2003
I could of sworn they said the RB2011 was going to be faster than 400 series.

Weiz
Dec 12, 2003
I just saw the CCR-1036

quote:

Mikrotik CLOUD CORE Router CCR-1036

* 36 CORE PPC CPU (1.2Ghz per core)
* 4x SFP,
* 12x Gigabit port
* Touchscreen LCD
* 15mpps fastpath,
* 16Gbit throughput
* 1U Rackmount case

Heres hoping it doesnt get delayed like what seems to be all other new RouterBOARDs.

http://www.mikrotik-routeros.com/?p=369
http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?p=307682#p307682

Weiz
Dec 12, 2003
Edit: misread requirements, VLANs and firewall is the best way as cuddlechunks says.

Weiz fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Mar 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weiz
Dec 12, 2003

CrazyLittle posted:

Seriously. Some of the things they do just lend more and more credibility to the half-assed appearance of the whole project.
Yeah, its kind of a joke how people are waiting more than 1 year for fixes on real problems but they manage to find the time to add a SMB server to a router.