Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

Grumble just got a RB751U that seemed to post fine (showed the wifi AP) and then proceeded to start the LED flash of death.

Not a great first step in testing for a massive rollout.

edit: and the reseller is out of stock till late December arggg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

falz posted:

Allegedly there's a fix where you plug in a highervoltage power supply to kick it back in to shape. I'd check the MikroTik forums first though.

Yeah not going to risk that got an RMA so, but it looks like rOc-nOc has every single one (865 in stock).

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

We have been rolling out quite a few RB751U-2HnD and as such we've come to see the real world strength of the internal antenna (2.5dbi)

Problem with the device is the choice of the antenna connector. They use an MMCX connection and it cannot fit a right angle connector. This is pretty much impossible to find in normal channels requiring custom cables to be sourced or built which isn't great for the average SMB.

I've tracked down a retail supplier with an ok price for a full antenna solution, they don't have it on the website but the part that should fit the RB is RE07U-MMS for $14.99.

We're ordering a few(fyi the lead time is May 7th) and I'll report back the results.

Viktor fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Apr 6, 2012

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

Kaluza-Klein posted:

Is /export compact a new command? The 751G has 5.11 and it doesn't recognize it.

It's introduced in 5.12