Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

In DQVI Slime Knights and Golem companions can both use a lot of gear the Hero can iirc, so they make good party members.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

the boy is an idiot

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

these are really cute.

SlimeSanction posted:

Would you be willing to part with the cup for monetary compensation? I collect Slime merchandise.

name + post combo

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

ok but wheres the translation? im just finding old forums threads about different ones

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

ah thanks i didn't expect them to release it as a prepatched cia. the remake is pretty fun so far.

suggestions on trees to max first? i haven't really played one of the dqm games with them since dqmj2 but i remember some were required to unlock others down the line for endgame skills.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

im gonna name mine eleven.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

how's the multiplayer in dqh2? that's the main feature i was looking forward to after 1

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

ps4 has lame speedrun objectives and switch has collect x items or something instead.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

caravan hearts is definitely a monsters game, but it has some weird mechanics, like walking costs food or something?

e: it doesn't have the typical breeding tho

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i usually used slime knight and some variation of golem

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i just finished act 2 the other night and had done 47/47 quests by the end, so they should all be possible? i finished all the ones from act 1 before finishing that too though, so maybe that's part of it.

getting into act 3 a bit today and i'm getting my butt kicked, glad the difficulty showed up.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

been on a dq kick while home for the last week.

blazed through dq 1 + 2 & 3 snes ports, they were all pretty solid.

it was my first time finishing 2 and goddamn did that game want you to grind at the end. made is all the way through the cave to rhone without any issues fight wise then my first battle outside the shrine i got wiped in 2 turns.

i also learned of the ps2 remake of 5 recently and I just started getting the family back together in that. really enjoying this remake, it looks great. one of the first enemies i fought was a cicada mole and when it defended it ducked its head down and covered it with it's claws. :kimchi:

e: welcome to page 420

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

play with just stronger monsters imo.

my first playthrough i just went normal difficulty and i didn't have trouble with a boss until nearly the end of the second arc, which was kind of boring.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Arkage posted:

What's the best way to play 1-3? I bought the Switch versions but goddamn the constant juttery scrolling is painful.

snes with translation patches.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

translated ps2 for dq5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

autobattle gets worse the stronger skills you get, it doesn't seem to take into account doing excessive damage so it'll happily eat up all your mp using your most powerful moves constantly