Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesomonster
Feb 26, 2008

Because there's always an ending.

SpaceDrake posted:

Also JEEEEEESUUUUUUUUUUS, what the gently caress happened to the price of DQV? I didn't get a chance to pick it up when it was new and now it's like $75 on Amazon. :psyduck: And Gamestop doesn't even have any used copies in stock!

Does anyone have any idea where I could get a copy for a sane price?

Even if you find used copies at Gamestop they're something like $35. Its a complete shame that it got such a limited release due to DQIV selling poorly, especially since both games are excellent. I'm pretty happy that IX has been pretty popular here, it can only mean good things for the franchise.

Also, I covet those Liquid Metal and Metal King Slimes. How cute can you get!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesomonster
Feb 26, 2008

Just to let anyone who is interested know, Amazon appears to be stocking DQV again! $40, but thats cheaper than I've seen it almost anywhere else USED (when I even HAVE seen it), so its still a bargain.

Awesomonster
Feb 26, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

I got a copy of DQV but never played DQIV which I gather is part 1. Is this going to matter?

They call it a trilogy, but it isn't really. The stories in IV, V, and VI are all self contained and only vaguely related. You'll be fine.

Awesomonster
Feb 26, 2008

man, I'd put up with whatever stupid poo poo Nintendo wants to do to market it as long as we get it. I'm not gonna hold my breath, though.

Awesomonster
Feb 26, 2008

OK so I may have what seems like a silly question, but could I use that slime keyboard for my computer? 'Cause I don't have a Wii but holy cow, slime keyboard.