Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

BurningBeard posted:

Yeah I'm not one of those her dur games journalism types, but the negative reviews that I've seen are really clickbatey and reactionary. I suppose it's just critics grasping at straws because writing a review that amounts to more of the same doesn't drive traffic.

I'm thrilled. I've never finished a single DQ despite my efforts but I'm gonna finish this one.

Nah its definitely just people who want Dragon Quest to be something different than what it is. A lot of the complaints I see are that "its a lot of game!!" (Polygon) or "It doesn't do enough to modernize the game!!" (Waypoint) and its like uh yeah thats the entire point of Dragon Quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I'm so loving ready to just chill the gently caress out after work and play this game

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Happy to report that the polygon and waypoint reviews were wrong as gently caress this game loving rules

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
smokin on that sugiyama pack tonight

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Is the best way to play dq7 on ps1 then? Or 3DS

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I went to slime island in dq11 but in act 3 and some metal slimes spawned BUT I didn’t really get any good exp off it. Am I better off just farming metal slimes using pep powers?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Man I finally beat DQ11 last night and that was just so much fun. Act 3 really got challenging in a way I wasn't expecting, but in a good way. And I loved where the story went. I just really really enjoyed this game. Goddamn it was so good!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I’m devastated. As a Mexican this feels like we just lost our most important artist in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

In Training posted:

Always funny to think about how dqxi was the first switch game ever announced

Lol i remember that