Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I just got all the Legendary Armor Pieces and the Sword.

Where do I go next?

edit: In DQ 6, I should have specified.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Feb 21, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Ragnar using Healie like a baseball! :swoon:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Once it looks worse than Wild Arms, you may complain.

Those first two games may have been ugly as sin but they loving ruled. :colbert:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Have they said whether or not the alchemy pot will be instant in dq8 3ds.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

raditts posted:

I beat Dragon Quest 4 today on my "catching up with the last 20 years of the series" campaign I've been on over the last several months.
I know Toriyama does all the character art for these games but I didn't know I was going to literally be fighting Cell as the final boss.
After like the 4th or 5th time I wailed on the dude and some new poo poo grew out of him I was just like "Really? When are you going to die already?"

Does that mean you have 5 coming up next? That's my personal favorite.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I'm a fair way into DQ7 and I've had the job system for a while and I'm wondering what I should be focusing on per character? I don't plan on min maxing but at the moment im going for gladiator on Hero, sage on Maribel and monster masher on Ruff. Any tips on good jobs to focus on in this early chunk of the game would be appreciated.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I do have a healslime heart from la bravour, anyone specfic i should throw it on? im gonna have the hero be a hero eventually so he probabely doesnt need to learn multiheal right away, and i know maribel leaves so should i throw it on ruff or wait for one of the other two characters?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I really like how the NPC dialogue constantly updates in DQ7. It'd be real dumb if no one was reacting to all these islands popping back up. Helps the world feel actually alive and worth restoring.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I remember seeing a spreadsheet somewhere with details on all the dq7 dlc. Anyone have that on hand?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Thanks for finally giving me a 4th party member, game.

Woulda been cool if this legendary hero who fought beside god was a bit stronger than this little savage wolf kid.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Ruff is my good good wolf boy and I'm stoked he's gonna be in Heroes 2. Yangus and Alena compete for best dq party member for me, but basically anyone from 4,5 and 8 is good poo poo except for like, Angelo who's mad boring.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Man i might need to take a break from DQ7 for a while, im burning out at around 75 hours. Just about to hit Vogograd.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Vogograd wasn't so bad, those kids will fix their elders' lovely mistakes with time.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Brother Entropy posted:

so who else here has a 30-40 hour save file of dq7 3ds you got burned out on that you should really get back to making you reluctant to buy dq8

8 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less of a slog

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I'm not doing the post game for 7 but I'll do it for 8 because i like the story changes it makes.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

hey how much game is left after i beat orgodemir the first time? This game is massively overstaying it's welcome and if I can't beat it in one sitting I'm putting it down for the foreseeable future until I have less games to play.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I'm glad i finally got t play DQ7, but holy moly am I never ging to play dq7 ever again after i beat it

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

To be fair I like long jrpgs. Like the Trails games are my absolute fave series right now, but those games keep you engaged by always having some new insane thing in the story happen and having really likable casts of characters who's journey's you want to see through to their conclusion. It feels like DQ7 is actively throwing a new impediment in your way whenever you think actual progress is being made and the encounter design is terrible because its nearly impossible to dodge past enemies in dungeons so you are just slogging through whatever progress you make.

Plus the characters are super underdeveloped even with party chat and the fact that you get both of the late game characters with little to no job experience is downright inexcusable.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

if you're playing on pc, use cheat engine to speed up the battles with speedhack. I'm talking more about the sequels since the first game does a lot of world building, but chapter 2 of the first game is super good overall and the end of chapter 3 onwards is a blast, plotwise.

Also the games are different enough that I don't feel they are worth comparing, I was just stating a long game that I enjoyed over a long one that I stopped enjoying halfway through.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jan 5, 2017

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I mean it's not like any DQ games are setting up some insane narrative. All someone would have to do after Yuji Horii retires is just keep those old school sound effects and keep the gameplay simple and it'll continue to be DQ.

The real question is what will happen after Toriyama retires? :ohdear:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I mean, Heroes 2 will be localized soon so I dont see why koei-tecmo wouldnt just bring the switch version here themselves.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

they added a new super involved and fun camera sidequest, and you can fast forward during battles. Also the alchemy pot is instant now.

This is in addition to the stuff already listed.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Activated my preloaded copy this morning, got past the intro and then had to go to work :(

Can't wait to sink my teeth into it after my shift.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Aside from new alchemy recipes/whatever might be in the new dungeons, are there any new items/chests strewn about towns dungeons and the world map? There's no faqs out for this version yet and I wanna make sure I don't miss anything.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Yangus and the Guv are one of the quintessential gaming duos.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Just got to the tower of alexandria, going with the old stand by of sword/spear/courage on the hero and axe/scythe with yangus. Game is already bursting with personality and likeable characters compared to 7

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The best DQ games (5 and 8) are the least reliant on party chat to give their characters actual personalities and interactions, which I think ended up being my biggest problem with 7. When the appeal is that everyone in the world's dialogue updates Trails style and you can have your characters react to nearly everything, it majorly sucks that instead of happening naturally you constantly have to jam the "what do you guys think" button.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Tired Moritz posted:

is there any disadvantages of shoving seeds down one character's throat? I want to make Kiryl strong.

Tsarevna, that would be most unwise! Please to be keeping your much hardly fought for seeds for to use on much better characters, yes?

(i just wanted to make a post where i talk like Kyril, don't take this as actual advice.)

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is gigaslash in the sword and courage skill trees the same skill?

yes and if you unlock them both they combine to create Gigagash, one of the strongest moves in the game.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

7 also does the thing where it keeps being like "okay you get to do the thing, but first I require an item that you wont get for 30 more hours and I hope you remember I want it by then because you sure do need the thing to progress!!!"

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Looper posted:

Melvin is just the worst, isn't he

So is the magic carpet dude's maid.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I like the new Photo challenge stuff so far, I like how they hid those golden slimes all over the towns for you to find.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Anyone know where the golden slime in Simpleton is?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Are the camera quests worth doing? I did the entire first batch as soon as I could but all the rewards I got were pretty lackluster even for starting game rewards.

I got a holy lance super early on from like the third batch

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Ya''ll acting like im not gonna exploit the poo poo out of skill seeds to max everyone out.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Man they fixed the infinite money exploit from the jp version. :(

At least it's easy to farm gold golems since you can guarantee their spawning.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

super spicy cheese prices would never go down so you could make them for very little money and sell them at a huge profit

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

One selling point they were pushing for this version was more backstory cutscenes for the hero and dhoulmagus. When exactly do these happen? Cause I'm about to go kill Dhoulmagus and haven't seen any new cutscenes yet.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Dhoulmagus form 2: still an insane difficulty spike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

How do I start the S rank fight? I beat A rank and Morrie just tells me to wait until his strong monster team having friends show up.