Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I really like 9 and I'm doing a lot of the post-game stuff. Does this make me a bad person????

I really liked 7 too but I couldn't play it now that I'm a 9-5 working guy with other responsibilities. It's one of those things I can never do again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

goldjas posted:

The over-reliance on metal slime grinding and effectively having to use some sort of guide has always been an annoying part of the DQ games for me I'll admit. You'll never find all the tiny medals if you don't use a guide, and you generally will need the tiny medal reward items to beat most of the DQ games due to them all being fairly difficult. I know people say they've beaten like DQ 8 and 9 without stopping to metal grind...but I couldn't pull it off.

I don't think I had to metal grind in the remakes of 4 and 5 at least, or it wasn't that bad since I don't remember doing it (but I do remember having to do it in the originial versions of 4 and 5). Hopefully the remake of 6 will be like that as well.

DW/DQ2 is probably one of the hardest RPGs ever made actually. That cave leading to the snow area before the final area was just loving nuts.

I like Metal Slime grinding, I'm not exactly sure why v:shobon:v. Maybe I'm a sucker for large XP numbers.