Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Are there any other Dragon Warrior/Quest games that are like DW3 and let you start with a completely customized party? I played DQIX but got burned out after awhile, I'm not sure how much time I put into that game but it felt like it took forever to progress.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Aug 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Are there any cool challenges for DQ3? I had a blast with Final Fantasy 5's four jobs fiesta and I think it would be neat to do something like that with DQ3.

edit: It's been awhile since I played but if I remember correctly the game was still a challenge even if you used sages and had the best items, although I suppose I could say the same thing about ff5.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Question about Dragon Quest 6:

I just got to the part of the game where I can class change my characters but I noticed after changing one of my characters (Barb for example) to a soldier she wasn't able to equip an armor that I assumed a soldier would be able to equip. Do they need to level up in that class before they can equip armor suitable for that class or are they stuck wearing what was originally suited to their characters?

edit: I'm guessing the class doesn't affect stat gains either, it just gives you access to new skills and classes.

V -- Thanks.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Oct 5, 2014

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I hate this kid so much.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Hey, Dragon Quest 6 wasn't That bad. :shobon:

The only thing I don't like about DQ6 is that the game seems to use a lot of tricks to get people lost or to just annoy the player. I get the impression I would probably have quit if I didn't have fast forward and could look up what to do next on the Internet.

Anyway I wish they made a DQ game that played like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeEeKRFWG34&t=517s

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Oct 6, 2014

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Levantine posted:

It's basically what I pictured next generation RPGs to be like 20 years ago; the world is huge and expansive with tons of poo poo to explore, the game is long and involved and it's so, so pretty.

:swoon: You just pushed all of the right buttons. This is how I felt about the future of RPGS at that time too. I'm going to give DQ8 a try just because you said this.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Oct 6, 2014

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Didn't the original Dragon Quest have a password system like Faxanadu? I heard it was even worse than Faxanadu's though.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I'm pretty sure fake Mudo hacked my tactics. My characters suddenly stopped attacking or something during the fight and I had to go into the tactics menu to force them to follow orders.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
The thing about DQ6 is I can fast forward through the slog. My guess is it's going to be awhile before I can do that with a PS2 game.

Still DQ8's system sounds better but I haven't actually played it yet.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Oct 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Levantine posted:

PCSX2 runs it fairly well if you have decent hardware. If you choose to go that route, fast forward works just fine.

Oh sweet, I didn't know. :)

edit: Yeah, fast forward gives me the time to actually play a lot of RPGS.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Oct 6, 2014