Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

LooseChanj posted:

Huh? You run off with her regardless. I'm talking about beating the Ultimate dragon. It's actually called that, in case you gave up before getting it. And it takes A LOT of grinding to level up enough.
I just got the alchemy pot upgrade and the equipment you need for the good ending and just went :effort: after that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

dis astranagant posted:

Port 7 and halve or quarter the amount of battles needed to level classes and we're in business. Maybe double how much xp and gold you get, too.
Even out the difficulty too, so every 4th boss or so isn't unnecessarily hard.

:argh: Gracos!

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

There are some places in DWVII where grinding is necessary. A lot of them, actually, the difficulty curve is schizophrenic. The worst is that place with the robots, I think.

On that note, GRACOS :argh:

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

quote:

Didn't play enough of 7 to comment. Seemed like characters were being tossed in and out of your party too frequently to have them exist as much more than guest "NPCs", similar to Final Fantasy Tactics/XII.
That's not really true. Once you get Gabo and lose Keifer your party pretty much doesn't change for a long time after that, iirc...

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Man those all look awesome. Why, Square-Enix, why? :(
Same reason they won't release any International FF games or Kingdom Hearts Final Mix: they... hate money or something, I guess.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Kiggles posted:

Oh poo poo, son. Finish that bonus content. It isn't very substantial. Basically just a single dungeon with a repeating boss that gets tougher and tougher each time. Almost more plot than gameplay, but its still some good gameplay, and really wraps up such a charming fairy tale story. From the sounds of things you don't really play for the story, which is perfectly reasonable for DQ games, but do give this a try, if only because the boss(es) here are good fun.
You don't even need to do all of it, just beat the boss enough times to get the armor and see the awesome TRUE END.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

I remember DQ5 got a lot easier once I recruited one of those killer apple(?) monsters. Got a ton of mileage out of that guy.
Those apple monsters are really good early on (until they hit their relatively low level cap and become obsolete pretty quickly afterwards).

But by that point you can get Slime Knights, and those are all kinds of awesome.