Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

After DQ7 you should get Dragon Quest Builders if you have a PS4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Once you get to where you can change jobs it feels like a sisyphean task to actually unlock them. I'm through now and the hero is finally a sailor like his dad wanted.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

My Ruff has mastered Monster Masher and oh boy is it going to hurt when ever I decide to change him to something else and loss Scorch.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I've just finished the magic kingdom and I can't find the next tablet piece. The hints say one is at a temple and the other is in the mini medal palace. What temple is it talking about?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

RIP Rocky you were too good for this world.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I think you get a Platinum King heart for turning in mini metals. If you don't want to do it the hard way.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Thin Air is garbage compared to the superior Scorch.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I just did Buccanham and that first part has been the only thing in the game I had to check an FAQ for.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

He looks so bland he might as well have come out of a character creator

Please don't speak ill of fantasy Trunks.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Spoilers for the first real island. As cool as building a new tree was it is kind of a dick move to make me have to build it in the middle of my town which already had things there.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Now they just need to put all the other games on Switch. I got the itch to play 5 again recently, but I can’t find my DS cart.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Yeah, but I don’t want to play it on my phone. I’d rather pay a few more dollars and play on my Switch.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The dog from the intro is who it really should be. They’ve already got battle animations!

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I thought about going Whip and Spear for Veronica and Serena to mix it up from my PS4 game, but it felt wrong. Is there any benefit that makes up for the stronger magic, better MP of the other weapons?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Amppelix posted:

Was that on 3DS already? I was under the impression it was new for this version although the 2D itself mode isn't.

It was 3DS exclusive.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

You could be a Lady hero in 4.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I hope the DQ 1,2, and 3 ports do well enough that they decide to bring over all the other mobile/DS/3DS versions. If Switch just became my Dragon Quest console I’d be pretty happy.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Dizz posted:

I heard the ports were pretty bad. I wish it gave the retro versions too instead of whatever remasters these are.

1 and 2 have bad character sprites and I wish the enemies had animations, but for me they are the best way to play the first three Dragon Quests now. I place an extremely high value on being able to play Dragon Quests portably and I think playing on phones sucks.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

I just beat act 2 of DQXIS. The whole premise behind act 3 is strangely reminiscent of Avengers Endgame.

Act 3 left a bad taste in my mouth. I abandoned all my best friends for a bunch of lookalikes.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Zore posted:

It should be

Just one timeline. When they do the explanation about how it works it says that everything up to the moment you go back to gets erased with only the Luminary and equipment surviving due to the anti-time boxes.

That means you murder everyone in existence and revive them at an earlier point in time. That more messed up than jumping to a different timeline.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I forgot about Dave's backstory and now I'm upset he wasn't made playable in XI S.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

In Training posted:

I want DQXII

Give it another 6 or 7 years.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Len posted:

I put DQ7 down after really enjoying it and I don't know what I was doing and don't want to start over so it will probably remain unfinished

The game has an option in the menu that tells you what you've recently been doing just select that and search for any proper names it says in a guide.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Amppelix posted:

Well, the last 4 or so boss fights in VII have been me casting sap and then spamming attack and healing sometimes. I'm kinda getting over it. The story and exploration are carrying the game but i would really like to start having more than two combat options now please.

You eventually get a ton of combat options, it’s just that most are redundant or not work using.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Amppelix posted:

Speaking of being at the abbey, should i be looking up the vocations, unlocks, etc? Am i fine just giving everyone whatever job strikes my whims or will i get punished if i don't optimise?

I'd look up which combination of classes unlock the higher tiers of classes, mainly so that you get access to full party heals and better attacks that hit all enemies.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

What in the Japanese version makes you think Sylvando is a women?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

There are the perennial rumors of an upgraded Switch coming out, so by the time 12 is released something like that might be out and be able to run it.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Hokuto posted:

Also, my main argument in favor of the NES DQ4 over the subsequent remakes is that the NES DQ4 has perfectly serviceable plain English and doesn't give everybody thick, hard-to-parse dialects to inject "flavor" into the setting.

I was in total agreement with you until this part.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I wish in The Dark Prince that I could see if I currently own a monster during battle. If I've gone through a big fusion session and am just running around it would be handy to know if I should go ahead and scout a random monster. It looks like you can only see if you've ever had a specific monster at any point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

They also made XI twice. There was the modern console version and the 3DS version, which itself was two versions of the game.