Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeta Zetton
Nov 2, 2012
So just started XI yesterday, wanted to play though a DQ in honor of Toriyama and figured hey I've been meaning to play it and it's on sale, let's get to it. Just finished my second play session after meeting Serena, really enjoying the game so far! Really charming so far, and I have no idea where the plot's going but I'm pretty interested in it already. The return trip to Cobblestone took me completely off guard. Once I figured out what was going on I was real worried I was going to return to the present with the town being destroyed and welp!!!! There didn't seem to any bodies though, so hopefully the villagers were just captured :(. Messed up your grandpa's like "oh of course I would know my grandson!" but your mom just tells you to get out of her house.

Game's a bit easy so far, but considering I still only have 2 party members I'm sure the game's just being nice for the time being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeta Zetton
Nov 2, 2012
Just got the boat and explored a bit, and man this game is good times. Couple years back I played through the switch ports of the original trilogy and there's something enjoyable about how this game, released decades after, still so heavily feels like it's part of the same series. Same vibes, same aesthetics, same base gameplay, yet it doesn't feel outdated what-so-ever. Besides for when it made me do a 2d dungeon with random encounters every few steps but I'll ignore that. Dragon Quest.....is good.

But that poo poo's not important. What is important is one of the things I had heard about this game before playing it was that Sylvando owns. Like the previous 9 posts before I made my last post was mostly people say that thing! Now having met the man and having him with me for a bit? Guys I don't know how to tell you this but Sylvando owns.