Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I love the Dragon Quest series. I owned a copy of Dragon Warrior was a wee lad and never was able to make it very far. I remember finding the concept of being alone in the game world somewhat frightening, as I was used to playing Final Fantasy on the NES where I had a party of companions. I never ended up beating it until I bought Dragon Warrior 1+2 for the gameboy color years later. I've still never played the original versions of 2-4, but I'd really like to get my hands on the NES carts someday soon.

I played the remake of 4 on the DS and loved it, and I'm about halfway through the remake of 5 now. I made the mistake of waiting to pick up 5DS and ended up not being able to find it for nearly a year, so I went ahead and ordered 6DS and should have it arriving tomorrow. I'm going to wait until I finish 5, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't insanely excited to jump right into it. The DS translations have so much charm to them, and I love the world setup. Not to mention visiting some of the same places in 5 as I did in 4 (like retrieving the mirror that reveals true form in both games was awesome). I own 7-9, but I never put a lot of time into 7 or 8. I'd like to go back and tackle them during the Summer lull and see what I've been missing out on. 9 is fantastic, though, and I would highly recommend it. It doesn't have the same retro charm as the Zenethia Trilogy remakes do, but it is a fantastic game in its own right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

:aaaaa: I did not notice that for some reason! I thought that DQ4's "Chapters of the Chosen" was a great subtitle, but i'd have to agree with the others.

I just got DQ6(no slimes available :( should've gone to rich part of town where I got Slime shirt and poster for DQ9) and tried playing it last night... Then I got called into work soon after. Hope I have more time tonight!

I don't know how much you care, but if you got it from Gamestop/EB Games you are guaranteed your pre-order item as long as you didn't pre-order at the last minute. The reason they always end up "accidentally" short is because they give them to friends, take them for themselves or give them out to people to buy a copy off the shelf. If you call the district manager and file a complaint with him, he will have a slime plush to you ASAP.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I just got to the point in DQV DS that I van recruit monsters in my party (and am going after the lion monster who is terrorizing the local town). I've had one monster total try to join me, and he is only level four. It's Hell trying to level him myself, will dropping him off at the monster babysitter be more effective?

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

DQ6 is part of Amazon's Gold Box deals today, so anyone not having picked it up yet might want to check it out!

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Terpfen posted:

Suikoden team dissolved two years ago

:cry: Is... is that really true?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

thetrin posted:

I guess you missed the public announcement that Konami had "forgotten" how to make RPGs, because the Suikoden team pretty much doesn't exist now.

I was just blindly hoping that Tierkries was what some Konami D-Team was working on while the real Suikoden team was working on Suikoden 6. I can't go on :gonk:.