Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you
I just hear siittä että

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I don't think I can take this level of schadenfreude. What a clusterfuck.

konna
Aug 1, 2005

Explain to me why they would break up the government over this. Is kesk. making this a hallituskysymys because the future of the party depends on the power of the municipalities? Otherwise the savages of perä-savo find their way to civilization and switch party allegiances?

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

I guess the next gubment is cock+SDP+helpers then. I doubt anyone wants to even try to make a sote-deal with kesk now, when they made such a drama over a measly 6 sote-areas.

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Holy poo poo, so much for our government.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I am still cynical enough to believe kokoomus will be bought out and the coalition will soldier on, even though fractured.

Double Bill posted:

I guess the next gubment is cock+SDP+helpers then. I doubt anyone wants to even try to make a sote-deal with kesk now, when they made such a drama over a measly 6 sote-areas.

I don't think even SDP are dumb enough to agree to a coalition before elections. PM resigning isn't an automatic snap election but if there's no way to create a coalition, that's the only way out. Without Kok and SDP, there's no coalition. Everyone is happy with elections except PS.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Oldsmobile posted:

Holy poo poo, so much for our government.

At least Sibbe outran Jätteenmäki.

e: but he is already known for the dramatics, he may well end up with a convenient solution that is not at all "CP betrays all of the time." At this point I think I'd prefer Emperor Väyrynen over PM Sipilä.

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Nov 5, 2015

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

konna posted:

Explain to me why they would break up the government over this. Is kesk. making this a hallituskysymys because the future of the party depends on the power of the municipalities? Otherwise the savages of perä-savo find their way to civilization and switch party allegiances?

As a proud perä-Savonian, I can't think of anything else. If you have 18 autonomous territories (seriously, are we going to the way of Spain or something? what a weird term) at least ten of those regions are going to be led by Kepu. Most likely more. With 10-12 they can't break past half.

An OK summary of these disaster clowns:
http://yle.fi/uutiset/tutkija_hallituskriisista_soitellen_menty_sotaan/8435628
http://yle.fi/uutiset/jaiko_jotain_valiin__hallituksen_dramaattinen_sote-paiva_koosteena/8435518?ref=leiki-uup

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Nov 5, 2015

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Yeah, fact is, it's the exact same problem as with municipal mergers. If you merge two municipalities that have 20 and 20 kepu councillors, you'll end up with only 20 kepu councillors. Numbers brought to you by Stetson-Harrison, but that's what it boils down to: Kepu is against centralization, and drat any arguments about efficiency.

It's kind of amazing if this loving regional governance thing is going to trip up every coalition forever.

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Sipilä certainly betrays his amateurism on this one.

I'm speculating, but the dynamic here seems to be a pm barely in touch with his parliamentary group giving them stuff to vote on in quick succession without giving them time to agree on stuff.

So that's riling, but they let it slide. But then they come to the Social Services and Health Reform package. This is a big deal, this has to go through and according to Kepu-plans. There is no backing out. They tell Sipilä "make this come true or we'll kill the government". So Sip goes to Coalition and tells them that this is what's going to happen, like it or leave it and here we are now.

Though I believe his parliamentary group, maybe even he was also scared by the polls that keep telling him Coalition is getting all the kudos for what the government is doing. It's not hurting Center party right now but it might get that way. It's _really_ hurting the True Finns, who are way over their heads in this one.

So his solution is to put his foot down and try to ask SDP or other another party to back him.

Also he has a short attention span and if things don't go his way he just changes tack.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

konna posted:

Explain to me why they would break up the government over this.

I think that the all kepu-eminenssit have said to Juhis that he should stop sucking kok's cock or he will :frogout:

Of course, Juha being the :spergin: he is, this is how he handles the situation.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Kepu sure has had...uh, an interesting string of Prime Ministers in my lifetime.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Given the recent polls SDP should want a new election more than anybody, so if Rinne et al. have half a brain cell between them, they're not joining any government at all. But then again, we are talking about Rinne & co here, so gently caress knows what'll happen.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

DarkCrawler posted:

Kepu sure has had...uh, an interesting string of Prime Ministers in my lifetime.

I keep forgetting Kiviniemi ever even was Prime Minister. She wasn't even terrible compared to the current shitshow but she was such a non-starter in every way.

:cryingkekkonen:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Antti posted:

:cryingkekkonen:

Perusedustajalle aina Viron-matka skulaa /
mutta mä oon Havaijilla Mauilla hieromassa brunaa /
sit ne lähettävät noottii /
mun on lähettävä kotiin

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
It's getting to a point where I would be ok about government that will gently caress me in the rear end dry as long as they do it efficiently.

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot
"On hyvin todennäköistä, että kävelen aamulla presidentin luo"

I think what he really means is that

"On hyvin todennäköistä, että vaihdan aamulla mieltäni"

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
what's with the bonzi buddy avatars?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Herman Merman posted:

what's with the bonzi buddy avatars?

New Garbage Dick.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

konna posted:

Sote uudistus is the most important thing this government will do. It's like basically like kuntauudistus with a different name. Municipalities are getting half or more of their budget taken away from them. It's exactly the kind of poo poo Kepu would throw a poo poo fit over.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
are persut going to be stuck in suokusta's rear end like remoras, or are they leaving too?

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
Soini will take it up the rear end from every single mp if he needs to. Anything so he doesn't have to give up that sweet, sweet minister gig.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

The story and writing has been really good so far 5/5. Now we just need an exciting and satisfying finale. :suspense:

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

doverhog posted:

Sote uudistus is the most important thing this government will do. It's like basically like kuntauudistus with a different name. Municipalities are getting half or more of their budget taken away from them. It's exactly the kind of poo poo Kepu would throw a poo poo fit over.

Yeah, the question is, who gets to spend approximately €15 billion (Yes, that's with a B.) every year.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
One of the most bizarre things re: Sipilä is the people who keep saying that all the cockups and blatant lying, it's all part of some masterplan.

The simplest explanation is that the dude has no real political experience and is actually pretty loving dumb.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
God will guide him.

konna
Aug 1, 2005

Nenonen posted:

Perusedustajalle aina Viron-matka skulaa /
mutta mä oon Havaijilla Mauilla hieromassa brunaa /
sit ne lähettävät noottii /
mun on lähettävä kotiin

Here's one:

I got an erection /
for new elections.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kemper Boyd posted:

One of the most bizarre things re: Sipilä is the people who keep saying that all the cockups and blatant lying, it's all part of some masterplan.

The simplest explanation is that the dude has no real political experience and is actually pretty loving dumb.

Being from the countryside literally makes one stupid. Prove me wrong if you can.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Meanwhile, man parked next to a refugee centre with a handgun and a "machine gun" (assault rifle?) in his car arrested in Helsinki.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Well, no more Ligurposting for a while.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Soini was just on HSTV talking about how this shows Persut are actually the most dependable and trustworthy party and will stay in government no matter what. That's nice but I don't think their voters are going to think that's a good thing.

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

And no one ate dinner that night.
Does anyone still have the KokPersKusta picture someone posted after the last election? Might be fun to have for the sake of posterity if the government goes belly up.

vuohi
Nov 22, 2004

Oldsmobile posted:

So that's riling, but they let it slide. But then they come to the Social Services and Health Reform package. This is a big deal, this has to go through and according to Kepu-plans. There is no backing out. They tell Sipilä "make this come true or we'll kill the government". So Sip goes to Coalition and tells them that this is what's going to happen, like it or leave it and here we are now.
My gf was watching a-talk yesterday while I was making food, and apparently Heinäluoma said that this dead end can't really be only about the number of top level units in the health services, there has to be something else to justify a situation this convoluted. I really don't know honestly. It seems obvious that the planned reform, whenever it is ready, will cement the organizational structure of our health services for a quite long time, so Kepu being Kepu, they do have some really strong interests in this, but what is this "something else" then?

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

vuohi posted:

My gf was watching a-talk yesterday while I was making food, and apparently Heinäluoma said that this dead end can't really be only about the number of top level units in the health services, there has to be something else to justify a situation this convoluted. I really don't know honestly. It seems obvious that the planned reform, whenever it is ready, will cement the organizational structure of our health services for a quite long time, so Kepu being Kepu, they do have some really strong interests in this, but what is this "something else" then?
The quantity of social and health-care services that will be made available to private companies for example. I have a feeling we will get a worst case scenario where we have 18 disfunctional sote areas and all social services must be put up for offers. And Persus will go for this because persu gonna persu.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Yeah, I think it's increasingly likely that the Wet Fart scenario will once again become reality and we'll get the worst possible outcome on every metric except Attendo's stock price.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jerry Cotton posted:

Being from the countryside literally makes one stupid. Prove me wrong if you can.

Aren't you from Turku, which is practically countryside? Then again, just proves your point

:roflolmao: :bravo:

5 posts to go until 15000

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you

vuohi posted:

It seems obvious that the planned reform, whenever it is ready, will cement the organizational structure of our health services for a quite long time
Other stuff too,

quote:

Itsehallintoalueiden olisi tarkoituksenmukaista vastata sosiaali- ja terveyspalveluiden lisäksi
aluekehittämisestä ja maankäytöstä, valtion aluehallintoviranomainen valvonnasta ja luvista.
Kuntien roolina taas olisi olla elinvoiman ja lähidemokratian yhteisöjä. Itsehallintoalueet voisivat
tarjota tukea kuntakentän muutoksiin ja mahdollistaa tulevaisuudessa kuntayhtymien
purkamisen.

Emetic Hustler
May 5, 2009

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

The quantity of social and health-care services that will be made available to private companies for example. I have a feeling we will get a worst case scenario where we have 18 disfunctional sote areas and all social services must be put up for offers. And Persus will go for this because persu gonna persu.

Yep. That's what is going to happen. The worst option just so both parties can be ideologically pure. It's a drat mess and things are just going to get worse.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Would be awesome if this thread ended with the government disbanding, but more likely it's this:

Antti posted:

Yeah, I think it's increasingly likely that the Wet Fart scenario will once again become reality and we'll get the worst possible outcome on every metric except Attendo's stock price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
What the gently caress, I was just going to our monthly shooting club meet and suddenly there's police all over the place telling me I can't park my car (if it contains weapons) near a VOK.

Different rights for different people, right, as I can park my car just about anywhere else? That's "diversity" for you.

• Locked thread