Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady googooGaGa
Nov 3, 2006

Are you freaking kidding me!?
To those with two kids, did your boobs go nuts with the second pregnancy? Mine are so very loving painful. Im also already having a little clear leakage. It feels like they are on fire to the point i find it waking me up at night. I didn't have it this bad the first time so Im guessing its one of those each pregnancy is different things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady googooGaGa
Nov 3, 2006

vanessa posted:

I don't really care for such strong words, because women want different things and that's okay.

I don't know if this is weak enough for you and your delicate sensibilities, because women want different things but sometimes women and people in general think they know everything about what they want for their birth and when they get there the plan ends up turning into a pile of paper cranes and flying out a window when poo poo Happens, but you're gonna care more than you think if (and truly, whateveryoubelieve forbid) something sucky happens and your kid gets whisked off to NICU and you dont get to see or hold him again until he is a week or three old. It happens. So in the itty bitty and hopefully not chance that it did happen would you really choose vanity over not having his or her first photo be of he or she in an incubator and all that? Its real easy to be pregnant and feel dainty and I am a vain, vain, vain bastard, but I would really rethink this. Charlie was born at 36 weeks and I got to hold him for not ten seconds before they whisked him over to the isolette and fussed over him for quite a bit. I took a makeup bag to the hospital with me. I took my loving silk pajamas. I get that you care how you look but really? Really? Also if you ask your mom if she COULD have pictures in addition to the memory, would she, and she might (I dont know her) say yes.

Lady googooGaGa
Nov 3, 2006

I am really sorry for your loss, JBark.

Lady googooGaGa
Nov 3, 2006

Smuffin24 posted:

I have a 2 year old and an appointment to have my Implanon (birth control) removed next week. I am scared shitless.

My first pregnancy was complicated with pre-eclampsia, morning sickness, depression and post-partum depression. On top of that I have a very minor prolapsed bladder (google it) from a long labor (27 hrs). Oh and my husband and I just moved out of state half way across the country with no support system and hours away from any family. I do want another child but I'm so scared of having these issues again; mainly the post-partum depression. I had awful anxiety and intrusive thoughts for several months after he was born. I lost 30lbs in the 2 weeks after I had him and cried constantly. I couldn't sleep, I could barely function. Fortunately, I went to an amazing therapist and got my antidepressants straightened out which made a world of difference. It took me a few months to properly bond with my son.

I guess what I'm looking for is someone who's been through a similiar situation to tell me it'll be ok. Or tell me I'm stupid to even think of going through this all over again.

I have a reputation for writing the longest posts ever, so I'll try (TRY) to be succinct. You and I have a lot of similarities except I didn't plan the second pregnancy, we had insurance issues out the wazoo, and my kid needed surgery at 10 weeks old. We ran into about every complication you can imagine (some our doing, some just poo poo facts of life). We survived, and I would do it all again in a second, the same exact way -- if I had to. SO! Since you don't have to, I would advise the following: Discuss the medical issues with your new OB. Have you found one you liked? Spoken with a few doctors and maybe some locals to see who in your area is good and also do any OB and psychiatric centers have a relationship in your area so you can do like a total health thing through the pregnancy? I was hospitalized twice for PPD the first time. This time I was lucky in that I told the doctors right away and was able to line it up through the same hospital. Review your meds, before going off the pill, after, before conceiving, after, before giving birth, after. Hormones can gently caress you up, but staying on top of it with a doctor will help. Talk the entire time, let no worrisome stone unturned. Do you have your partner's support? A local mom's group? Ask yourself stuff like that, and then have plan A through Q and probably R to be safe.

You CAN have mental health issues and have children, but the approach is no different than becoming a parent with any medical issue. You have to be vigilant. And as someone who had no car and lived an hour from 99.9% of her support - its loving HARD. We didn't have the money to hire help, I'd consider it if you get closer to that point, even part time. But honestly, try to make some friends while working on the med poo poo. Then once you feel like where you are now is home you'll handle it better.

And two can be simple when they're both being chill and loving insanity inducing when they're not. I have some days that its like "LOL THIS IS SIMPLE" and other days where there are no words to describe the anxiety. Don't be so much afraid of the idea of doing it, use that fear to be extra cautious. It is great that you are thinking things through. Keep at it.

Lady googooGaGa
Nov 3, 2006

Chicken McNobody posted:

Dental work during pregnancy: Anybody had it? My teeth hate me so I have to have a root canal next week. :(

Yeah, it was fine, same thing. I did have to get a doctor's note saying it was ok but that was it.

Lady googooGaGa
Nov 3, 2006

Smuffin24 posted:

I guess I also just kind of want a chance to do this whole thing over again and do it "right". I had such an awful time last time that I want to have one positive birth/post-partum experience, even if I know it's not guaranteed. Hell it could be even worse.

edit:Forgot to add I don't have a therapist out here yet.

If its any consolation my second birth was amazing compared to the first. AMAZING. Its not the same for everyone, but there is definite hope.

Lady googooGaGa
Nov 3, 2006

Dr. Octagon posted:

What I usually do is empty it into a dated breastmilk storage bag in the fridge all day, and at the end of the day, stick the bag in the freezer. Is this wrong? Should I be keeping it in the freezer the whole day and layering the leakage from each feeding on top?

Also, about when did you ladies stop the extreme leakage?

I do storage the same way.

I didn't believe when people told me it gets better at 6 weeks. It really did. I still leak somewhat, but I have found cloth bra pads to be a godsend. I hated the wet diaper feel of the disposables, and I got a pack of 6 at Babies R Us for like $3 with a coupon. I hand wash them and pop them in the dryer for 5 minutes when I run out. I also use a wet bag in my diaper bag to hold them if they get soaked while I am out. I personally find they hold a lot more than the disposable ones as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady googooGaGa
Nov 3, 2006

Smuffin24 posted:

Well my baby force field (aka Implanon) has been removed. The only thing that hurt was the lidocaine shot and then my arm just felt like it fell asleep for a few hours. The doctor was able to take it out through the same entrance area so I shouldn't have a new scar.

I really liked the doctor and I talked to him about my anxieties about pregnancy and my antidepressants. He said we could try to come off the zoloft for at least my 1st trimester but if I was not doing well with that he was ok with staying on it for the entire pregnancy.

Baby-makin' full speed ahead!

Do you have a therapist? If not please, please, PLEASE get one lined up before you get pregnant, even if you feel fine. I really do advocate for those with previous PPD and mental health issues to be able to have children without horrible PPD/problems, but part of that process is making sure you just don't wing it and figure "WELL I'LL DEAL IF IT HAPPENS". Deal with it before it happens, so even if it doesn't you are safe. Also going from 1 to 2 children is really stressful and having someone to talk to about it considering you have recently relocated and probably don't have a ton of friends would be worth it anyway.