Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Wish I Was
Dec 11, 2006

I saw this at the bookshop and thought of you.
I found it too; first name Valerie.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Wish I Was
Dec 11, 2006

I saw this at the bookshop and thought of you.

AlistairCookie posted:

/\/\/\ I was just curious about everyone else's size estimate track record. Thanks y'all! :D

I've had a repeat C-section scheduled for next Friday (6 days, oh poo poo!) for a couple months now, so I'm not worried about making any decisions based on their guesstimate. I'll be 39+4 then, so he'll be ready to come out I'm sure. The ultrasound was more useful, I think, confirming that I am not a good VBAC candidate. She measured the inside of my pelvis and all sorts of stuff and said that the odds of him being able to move down on his own are slim to none. This is exactly what happened with my first son, after finding out the hard way. My C-section was not a bad experience and I'm okay with having another one--I just wanted to wait until I was really at term and not jump the gun 37 or 38 weeks.

I know this would upset a lot of women, and I completely understand that, but I'm okay with it all. Like Phooney, my first C-section was very positive from a what happened directly after perspective. Got my son right away, nurse was encouraging my husband to help facilitate skin to skin nursing, etc.

E: Lady googooGaGa, the boobs are super sensitive this time around. Have been leaking for weeks...:( It doesn't take much for my son to make my eyes roll back with a shooting pain--hopping on Mommy's lap, a big hug, just playing around, accidental pinch :cry:

I'm with you on the "good c-section experience" list. Meg was, as I know I've mentioned before, over two weeks late and I had two failed inductions at that point. The ultrasound showed she only had a tiny amount of amniotic fluid left, so rather than risk problems we went ahead and did the section. This was after taking Bradley classes and deciding that everything was going to be natural and no pain medicines or anything!

My husband and I are sort-of trying for a baby now, and I went to a new OB (I'm in a different city now) before we started to talk to him about VBAC philosophy because I don't want to do VBAC. He said that he has no problem doing a repeat section especially in light of induction not working with me. That was a huge relief! Back when Meg was born it was pretty much policy for insurance companies to mandate a "trial labor" for VBACs before authorizing a second section, but the conventional wisdom has switched back since then to preferring sections for women who have had previous sections. I was born (almost 40 years ago! :cry:) c-section so my younger brother had to be also because of that same conventional wisdom. Funny how it swung one way and then back again just in my lifetime.