Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elocin
Jun 27, 2007

Roxy Rouge posted:

I mostly lurk but wanted to announce an incoming goon baby! I am going in tomorrow at 5am for an induction due to preeclampsia--but at 39+2 it is not an early induction. I'm a little nervous but mostly excited to meet little Zachary tomorrow:)Thank you ladies for all the information and support that you offered for the last months!
I hope everything goes great for you tomorrow--see you on the other side! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elocin
Jun 27, 2007
I'm sending out the bat signal for Doom Catcher. Has anyone heard from her? Just wanted to check and see if she's okay because we haven't heard from her re: Secret Santa. I hope all is well!

Elocin
Jun 27, 2007
TheSpiritFox- http://kellymom.com is a great resource for breastfeeding help and lots of women here trust the info there. http://kellymom.com/category/ages/newborn/ should have some good help.

Newborns can be super sleepy and really difficult to wake up to get them to nurse; that is totally normal. But if it's been a few hours since his last feed, he really does need to go back to the breast. Kellymom.com says that you should aim for 10-12 feedings a day in the early weeks. And I know it's really hard to make time for it when you come home with a new baby, but breastfeeding takes calories and your wife needs to eat enough to sustain herself and get herself through a very difficult time. I don't think not eating enough would make her milk taste bad to the baby, though. I'd grab some healthy, filling snacks she can eat with one hand (I ate tons of Kashi bars, yum). She can keep them nearby and eat when she's sitting doing whatever. It's great that she's drinking water, though :)

Good luck! I have two of my own and I remember how ridiculously difficult those first few weeks are. Even when someone tells you that it's going to be hard, you probably have no frame of reference for exactly how hard it will be.

edit: I see that he was just born yesterday (congratulations, by the way!). This is all so very normal- I remember being up in the middle of that first night sweating and crying, trying to get my son to latch on and nurse. He was either really sleepy or his arms were going everywhere and I had no idea what I was doing. Definitely push to see the lactation consultant again and for a longer visit before you go home.

edit again: This, too- http://kellymom.com/ages/newborn/bf-basics/second-night/

Elocin fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Mar 29, 2012

Elocin
Jun 27, 2007
Pretty much everyone I've ever heard talking about pregnancy ultrasounds says that the tech who did it remarked on omg how much the baby is moving!! So don't read too much into that ;)