Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Pham Nuwen posted:

Unless you're in California, where the FMLA is superceded by the CFRA, which among other things reduces that 50 employee limit.

other states have laws like this too - MA has paid family medical leave for everyone universally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

As someone also in MA (South Shore) and ALSO expecting our first baby in November I am very curious to see how your experience goes with the MA Paid Family Leave

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

fyi uppababy is discontinuing the greenish color of their vista v2 stroller and offering it at 25% off while supplies last - if you wanna buy new the vista v2 is an amazing stroller

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Fruits of the sea posted:

I hope this question fits in the thread:

As part of Christmas, I’m putting together a big care package for my partner who is coming up on 5 months. So far, just a bunch of her favorite comfort foods and lotions etc.

What I’m wondering is if there is anything she’s gonna really need as the date draws closer that would also be suitable?

This is our first kid, so it’s all new to us.

we just had ours at the start of december and the lowkey champ of the delivery and recovery period was a clip on battery powered fan to keep her from overheating, highly recommend

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Emily Spinach posted:

A good water bottle or cup if she doesn't have one or fifty already.

oh also my wife swears by this for breastfeeding - https://easyjug.com/

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Shoehead posted:

My wife's only request for the emergency maternity bag so far is that I bring the Switch so she can play MK and tetris if she gets bored. I don't think she'll need it but ok.

my wife also requested the switch, we brought it to the hospital and it is sitting next to her for the first two weeks postpartum but frankly she's been too exhausted to play it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

HaitianDivorce posted:

Hey folks, my wife is about 30 weeks along with our first kid. Previously, she has noticed her belly can get a bit lop-sided when the kid is pushing in a particular direction, but now she is noticing her belly is lopsided all the time. Is this anything to be worried about?

my wife was lop sided the entire pregnancy and it wasn't an issue at all, he just really liked the left side! it got pretty funny by the end, and it didn't ruin our maternity photo shoot either