Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andale!Andale!
Aug 23, 2008
At two weeks old, especially since you're breastfeeding, you need to be listening to her. Don't try to put her on a schedule. She will tell you what she needs and in the end you will have less stress if you are going with her flow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andale!Andale!
Aug 23, 2008

A Serious Woman posted:

So I've finally figured out how to wear Zoey in our Moby wrap and she's loving it! I can't believe that it allows me to "hold" her hands free and get other things done. I think it might save my sanity. That being said, I don't want to wear her all the time. I'm a bit curious for those of you who use wraps, how often are you wearing your baby? I know you can't "spoil" a baby but I really don't want to set the expectation that she'll constantly be held/worn by me. I also realize she's only three weeks old so I know no real habits have been established yet.

Babies want their independence as they get older and mobile. My baby was constantly in a wrap for the first few months but now she wants to explore and chase cats 90% of the time. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Andale!Andale!
Aug 23, 2008
I cloth diaper but I don't use a diaper pail, I have two large wetbags. When one is full it goes into the washing machine and I put the other bag up. I have Planet Wise wetbags and you can't smell anything when they are zipped but I've never tried any other wetbags and thus have nothing to compare them to.

Andale!Andale!
Aug 23, 2008
If my parents or my husband's mother didn't call my child by his or her name, they wouldn't get to see my child. End of discussion. To me, that would be incredibly disrespectful to the child, my husband, and I. I wouldn't tolerate that from anyone, but I'm a bitch.

Andale!Andale!
Aug 23, 2008
One of my brothers gave me this long speech about how I'm not thinking about my kids and how they will end up bullied because of the names I've chosen. rear end in a top hat. My daughter's name is Phoenix Rose and my son due in January will be Rowan Cadmus.

Andale!Andale!
Aug 23, 2008
http://www.spanx.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2990118

Pregnancy Spanx do exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andale!Andale!
Aug 23, 2008
For my daughter's birth, I only wanted my husband there for the actual birth. My parents, most of my siblings, my husband's siblings, nephews, and his mom were all in the waiting room and popped in and out of the room while I was being induced. It ended up being super stressful for me. So for this pregnancy I don't want anyone other than my husband at the hospital. It's all about what you are comfortable with, because stress is the last thing you need when you're giving birth.