Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brennanite
Feb 14, 2009
I'd like to thank Fire at the Disco for recommending the Lil Peepers wraps on Etsy. I just finished watching the DVD guide and I'm totally psyched to try babywearing. My kid is going through "Sleep? I don't need no stinkin' sleep!" and "Hold me, hold meeeeeeee" phases simultaneously. I think babywearing might just save my sanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brennanite
Feb 14, 2009

Chickalicious posted:

Why did they schedule the induction?

Just guessing, but many OBs in the states won't let you go more than a week past your due date. It didn't used to be that way and I know a number of nurses and doctors of the older generation believe the policy is just another way to mitigate lawsuits.

Brennanite
Feb 14, 2009

Bahunter22 posted:

I had a baby. She's pretty stellar.

I concur. She's stinkin' adorable.

Also, Aqua Hamster is one of the best pictures of glee I have ever seen.

Brennanite
Feb 14, 2009

Bodnoirbabe posted:

He's adorable. :sympathy:

I'm sorry you're going through the same troubles we are. I hope for both our sake that our kids get it together soon.

I saw a lactation consultant today and am going to a lactation clinic tomorrow. I am still on the verge of giving up breast feeding.

Oh, did I mention that we were both diagnosed with thrush on Monday? So much fun!

My husband and I have both decided we do not want any more kids. We're looking into a vasectomy for him. That's how awful it's been. I can't read the parenting megathread because it depresses the poo poo out of me. Reading about all the other problems that are going to be coming up, I just get so incredibly defeated. To quote my husband: "The light at the end of the tunnel is so incredibly dim."

I think it's time for some bottle-feeding. I don't want to discourage breastfeeding, but it sounds like the misery from trying to nurse is spilling over and making everyone unhappy. Pump and give him that if it makes you feel better about giving him a bottle (it did for me).

I lost a lot of blood and my milk didn't come in for five or so days afterwards. We began supplementing with formula and I struggled with breastfeeding. Everything said newborns should nurse for 10 to 15 minutes per side, mine would only nurse for that long total. Worry about supply and him going hungry drove me to break down. My husband gently suggested that I pump because breastfeeding had become so stressful and I'm eternally grateful that he did. I never stopped breastfeeding, but instead pumped and gave him a bottle a couple times a day, plus an ounce of formula after every nursing. As feedings became less stressful (because I knew I could always give him a bottle, so I would know he was getting enough to eat), I became more confident in my ability to breastfeed and the bottle-feeding gradually decreased. My supply also increased so that by two months, he was exclusively breastfed and by three months, he was no longer taking bottles. He never did nurse for more than 6-8 minutes per side, though.

I think we as women get so hung-up on breastfeeding exclusively and so worried about nipple confusion, that we lose sight that all that really matters is that the baby gets enough to eat and everyone is happy. A little flexibility in how the baby gets enough to eat can make a huge difference.