Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gilbert
May 4, 2009
My son has just started on solids too and can't yet sit up. We were given a bumbo which came in the box with a tray and use it with the tray for him to play around with finger food. I just find that is he gets his hand under the tray he can easily flip it off which can be a bit of a pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gilbert
May 4, 2009
It was just myself, my other half and 2 midwifes. We'd been pretty clear from the get go that no one would find out about us being in hospital until baby was born (unless we were around other people at the time that things started moving.) My parents live 4 hours away so they were called early morning and set off to come visit.
I'm glad we did it this way, we got 4 or 5 hours just the 3 of us, to settle, get cleaned up, fed and relax before all the visitors.
When baby #2 comes along we'd like to try and have it run the same way, bar having a kid already.

Gilbert
May 4, 2009

Bear Rape posted:

I have some small questions. I'm six weeks pregnant, first time being pregnant. In a few weeks we're going to be moving, and I was wondering if lifting heavy boxes is an issue this early in the pregnancy. I'm thinking no, but I want to be safe (and my doctor's response didn't really answer that question).

Also, is there any recommendations on prenatal vitamins? I just went out and bought some generic on sale brand, and they have everything I should be getting (except omega 3, but I'm using mega red krill oil for that).

We too moved when I was about 10 weeks along. We hadn't let the news out yet so I was concerned that my lack of lifting was going to be noticed. I kept myself busy making teas and unpacking the small essentials (kettle, toaster etc) so that I was actually doing something to help!
I worked in a shop, doing deliveries mostly, until I was at 37 weeks and, like others have said, just work at your own pace. You'll know when you've pushed yourself too hard and know not to do it again.

Gilbert
May 4, 2009

dreamcatcherkwe posted:

Some people save the stump. Ewww.

Yup.
My mum has ours (my sister and I), just the clamp.
Our little boys one is in a keepsake box somewhere, we couldn't get the clamp open so the cordy bit is still attached, all hard and wrinkly! :(