Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

Helanna posted:

Having lived in UK, France and now Ireland, I don't know anyone who has circumcised their child, even for religious reasons. It's not even mentioned at the hospital etc so it's a complete non-decision for the average parent here. Honestly, I only ever heard of circumcision because of the internet :v:

Same, I live in the UK and after having three boys no one, professional medical person or otherwise, has ever suggested circumsising them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009
Coincidently I read this BBC article last night about circumcision, not about the pros and cons of the physical act really but more about the changing attitudes in the US and comparing it to other countries

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19072761

Interestingly it says that circumsision was a lot more common in the UK before the NHS. The NHS wouldn't cover it as a necessary procedure so rates plummeted from 30% to about 9%.

As regards to sex and circumcision, I don't really get what you would do with a circumcised penis as the foreskin seems quite a necessary part of the whole process. My husband says it just involves a lot more lube.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

Bodnoirbabe posted:

The foreskin retracts during arousal, so I'm not sure how not having a foreskin to begin with would impede someone having sex. Please explain, you've left me genuinely confused.

Well I guess I was thinking more about masturbation than sex, and assuming the same process was at work internally.

Without wanting to be too graphic, when I'm using my hand it's pulling down on the shaft retracting the foreskin down the head, then back up so the foreskin is covering it again. The same with oral sex - foreskin goes over and back down as the skin of the shaft is moved. Obviously I know circumcised men can have sex and masturbate but it just seems in my non penis having view that there would be less give for the back and forward bits.

I tried googling it to see if there is a difference (and now I really hope no one checks my internet history).

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

Obscurity posted:

So my girlfriend just texted me a picture of a positive test and called me to talk about it. We're wondering about the posibility of false positives. She's got one kid right now, so she's been down this path before, but I'm new to it. She plans to take a second test in a couple days. Should I make sure she goes to a doctor regardless of what the results of the second test are? I'm assuming the obvious answer is yes.

Not entirely sure what to think as this is all new to me. Here's a backstory that gives more insight on the confusion:

We started having sex a month ago (long story short we've admired each other for a year but only just recently got together when we both became single). Her period is irregular due to one of this inserted birth control devices..not sure the name of it. The device has a 5 year span, but has been in her for 7 years. She stated her periods sometimes are irregular, but we wanted to be sure. She took a test (2 weeks after period due) and it was negative. She took a second test later and it came up negative.

Recently, she started having some morning sickness and mood swings and the like so she nervously took another test tonight. It came up with a positive.

Not sure what to think with this. First we get a negative now a positive. Obviously the doctor is the best answer..I'm just sitting here trying to wrap my mind around it I guess since it just happened.

Pregnancy tests work by detecting a hormone that starts getting released about 10 to 14 days after ovulation. If your girlfriends periods are really irregular it could be that she just ovulated super late that month, so 2 weeks after her period was due might have only been a few days after she ovulated. Also some pregnancy tests are better than others, some women have more concentrated pee, etc, etc.

But in almost all cases if the test is done following the manufacturers guidelines and your girlfriend isn't on any odd medication even a faint positive pregnancy test is a positive. False negatives are much much more common.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

Obscurity posted:

Just an update about my situation:

Girlfriend has been complaining about abdominal and back pains. I told her that pregnancy with an IUD is serious and she really needs to get to a doctor. She finally went to the ER today. She is -NOT- pregnant. Apparently she may be developing kidney stones, which caused the pain, and can also cause changes in the urine which gave the false positive.

Lessoned learned, though. She is going to be calling a doctor this week about getting the IUD removed. When she called last time they wanted medical records, but I'm hoping she can just say "I had a pregnancy scare" and they will remove them w/o med. records.

Either way..not pregnant this time..but after IUD is removed we plan to continue trying as we were both very excited.

Might be a good idea to wait a few months before you start trying, firstly so your girlfriends cycles can normalise after having the IUD taken out, and secondly to make sure she isn't rushing into anything because of the emotional effect of thinking she was pregnant, coming to terms with it and then finding out she wasn't.

Re Washing detergent: I think any non-bio stuff is fine, that's what we used for all our laundry.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009
I'm 6 weeks pregnant and have had the most godawful backache all week. I didn't get backache til much later in other pregnancies, is it likely to last all through the pregnancy? It's between my waist and my bottom down the spine and tailbone and today my hips are hurting a bit too. Paracetamol (tylenol?) doesn't make any difference so I've been spending all day with a hot water bottle down my pants which helps a little bit.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

Andrias Scheuchzeri posted:

Hookerbot--there's been a couple of us here who started having back/pelvic joint pain very early on, from the loosening ligaments. I don't know if that's exactly what you're experiencing. But for me, it's my second pregnancy and it started about 8 weeks in and has been coming and going the whole time. It started pretty dramatically with a 3-day spell where I could barely hobble along, but for the most part it's been livable. (And no, I haven't found anything to make it better, just things that make it worse.)

What you're feeling isn't a crampy, menstrual back-ache kind of pain, though, is it?

Thanks, I've never really had back pain with periods so it could be something like that in a new place, I'm not sure. I did have pretty constant low level stomach cramps between weeks 3 and about a week ago, but they've stopped now. It hurts more when I bend over (kissing Connor when he's lying in his cot is really sore) which makes me think it's back related.

I wonder if it could be due to the pregnancies being closer together than before, Connor is 20 months so it's not a tiny gap or anything but this is the first time I've been pregnant whilst lugging a toddler about all day.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

It's rough. My sympathies. :(

I haven't found anything that helps much. Lying down on my side with a pillow between my knees helps a little. Being careful how I sit helps a little--no crossed legs. Not doing too much of any one thing helps a little--not too much sitting, not too much standing, not too much walking. Warm showers help a little. I didn't buy any kind of support belt, but on the recommendation of some folks here I tried using a stretchy-cloth sling (a Moby wrap or something similar) and it helped a little.

Chicken McNobody posted:

I have had this since about my 4th month of pregnancy. (I'm almost 9 months postpartum now :( I hope it clears up faster for you!)

The only thing that ever reliably helped me (and it sounds silly, but it feels SO GOOD) was to get into a hot shower with my husband and have him pretend my rear end and lower back were a speedbag. Rapid punching, at about medium force. I don't know how good it is for the baby (Arthur loves giving headbutts, maybe this is why?) but it feels awesome.

I'm not really complaining about carrying toddlers (well maybe a bit but only because I like complaining), it's just the main difference between pregnancies and wondered if anyone else had noticed pain more with second pregnancies.

I noticed hot showers help, I've not tried getting my husband to pummel me but sure he would be happy to try it out. We have our booking in appointment tomorrow so I'll see what the midwives say as well. I'm looking forward to actually seeing if there's something there, I had a miscarriage last month and it's kind of stopped me from feeling like this pregnancy is real. My temperature is elevated, I've done loads of pregnancy tests, I feel sick, my back hurts and my areolas are the size of dinner plates but there's still a mental block. Hopefully seeing the scan will make it real.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009
How common is it not to be able to see a heartbeat at 6 weeks 5 days? I had my first scan yesterday and the midwife said that she thought she saw a heartbeat but the machine didn't pick it up so they couldn't say for sure. It was an external scan as they don't do internal ones up here.

The whole appointment was a bit off. When it started she asked the date of my last period, I told her the date and explained it was a miscarriage. She seemed surprised I even knew the date then the fact it was a miscarriage just seemed to convince her that I wasn't as pregnant as I thought and got my dates mixed up. She started scanning and was pretty much "There's something in there but it's too early to see anything and I can't say what it is" and said that it looked like if it was a pregnancy it was only about 4 or 5 weeks and too early to tell. I tried to explain that I knew it must be at least 6 weeks as I'd been charting my ovulation and also I hadn't had sex since the 31st August but she was really dismissive. So I started crying then she actually bothered to measure the lump and it measured 6 weeks 5 days which is 3 days off what I had thought but not the 2 weeks that she had been insisting it was. Then she denied saying it was only four or five weeks and started being all nice and saying it was probably fine but she must have said "if you start bleeding" about 6 times so now I am pretty much convinced it's not going to end well.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

sheri posted:

Yeah, I am signed up for a flu shot on Thursday. I am currently 4 weeks pregnant-- so I'll be 4 weeks 2 days on Thursday. My last pregnancy over this past summer ended in a miscarriage at around 6 weeks, so now I am just super paranoid about doing anything that may impact development.

I can find a lot of things that specifically call out the benefits of getting them, but nothing that says anything about any potential drawbacks in the very early stages of pregnancy.

I saw the midwife today and asked about flu shots, she said any time is fine.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009
They're having a big push for it in the UK just now, I think maybe after the mother and her new born baby died of swine flu a few years back. When I was at the midwives yesterday they gave me a sheet with all the clinic dates on it and said it was a good idea for everyone to get it.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

sheri posted:

Any good websites that have a master list of foods to avoid during pregnancy? Obviously I know too much mercury, caffeine, etc, but if there was a list (put together by a reputable source) that had other things, I'd like to know.

The NHS website has a page on food to avoid.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

CravingSolace posted:

Has anyone ever tried co-bathing? I just heard about it today, but I'm not sure about the specifics. How old was your baby when you started co-bathing, and how did you go about it? I bought an infant bath tub today, but Stephen isn't a fan of it. Maybe that'll change when he's older and can sit up on his own and therefor can play in the water a bit instead of just lying in the hammock it comes with, but until then, maybe co-bathing would be okay?

we co-bathed with Connor until he was old enough to sit up in the bath himself. Think we started when he was about a month (once he got too big for the washing up basin we used to fill and bring into the livingroom). One of us would get in the bath and the other would hand him in and out.

I didn't count Connors baths as my washing time, and did my usual washing at a different time. It was just easier than filling the baby bath up and bending over it.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009
I got induced with Connor. He came out fine and I don't think it was particularly worse than if I had gone naturally. The only problems were down to the hospital being crap and refusing to check I was actually in labour/give me any drugs.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

Acrolos posted:

My wife and I had our gender screening last week and found out we are having a girl! A little nervous about the more difficult nature of raising a girl, but I'm also excited about it.

One thing that is bugging me though, is trying to find stuff for a girls room. The bedding, etc. for boys room is fun with all kinds of neat ideas (we found a great underwater theme we were going to use). Girl stuff is just a ton of vomit-inducing pink overload, with very few "fun" options.

Congratulations :)

I wouldn't get too hung up on girl/boy stuff. An underwater theme sounds pretty unisex to me anyway - girls like the sea as well.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

Y'all are putting me to shame. I don't really have the energy, money, or inclination to actually do specific kid décor. My daughter barely has any real furniture in her room--she's still totally deranged about climbing on things and jumping and otherwise trying to damage herself. :shobon: (Plus I'm sick of spending too much money on shoddy furniture and I don't have the money for good furniture. We just accumulate stuff as it pops up at yard sales or relatives pass it along.)

Don't feel bad - Connor doesn't even have his own room yet, he's still in with us.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

sheri posted:

Random question ladies.... Since Saturday evening I have been having sharp pulling pains in my lower left and right abdominal areas. It isn't constant, but it does happen frequently and the pain is quite sharp. I am 7 weeks 5 days. This is my only issue. I had an early ultrasound so I know it is not an ectopic situation. Any idea what could be the cause of this?

Ligaments stretching :)

I got it too, worst seemed to be when I stood up after sitting down for a while.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

sheri posted:

So when is cause for concern with the pains in my right side? Apologize for dwelling on it, but Sat even- Monday afternoonish I had some pains in my right and left lower abdomen. Then, they went away for a couple days and since yesterday late morning they are back with a vengeance! The pain is now only in my right lower abdomen, and man does it hurt! Very sharp, shooting pains-- sometimes when I move, sometimes when I roll over in bed, sometimes if I am just sitting there.

I don't have any bleeding or anything like that (and hoping it stays that way!)-- just wanted to know if I should be concerned about the sharp pains. I talked to my doctor about it (before the more sharp pains started yesterday of course) and she said that they wouldn't be concerned unless the pain didn't go away with rest and/or tylenol. I have been trying to rest as much as possible, but I haven't taken any tylenol yet.

So, any similar experiences? I can handle the pain if I only knew everything was going well in there, its only the pain combined with the unknown that is driving me crazy.

Also, is tylenol really safe to take in pregnancy?

If you are really worried you should call your doctor again, but I had a lot of shooting pains too - mainly on my left hand side - and it was just the ligaments stretching. Now (at 12 weeks) I don't get those so often but I get this other weird pain where if I move a certain way it feels as though someone has elbowed me in the stomach. It's not sore exactly, but that kind of surprised 'oof' feeling you get if someone pokes you unexpectedly. Pregnancy does lots of weird stuff to your body and most of it is completely normal. And after last time you are bound to be more concerned, I know I am even though so far everything seems fine.

I read somewhere that paracetamol is fine to take in pregnancy but ibuprofen should be avoided, not sure what the US versions of these are though.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

sheri posted:

So, NT scans/screenings... Who has all had them? What was your experience?

Is that the scan/blood test for Downs syndrome? I had the scan last Wednesday and blood taken on my booking appointment a few weeks back. Results came through today to say I was in the low risk category (no more details than that).

As far as it goes it was fine, scanning can take a while if the baby is in a stupid position and because it's such a short window of opportunity I think it's best to go early rather than late - my sister in law went when she thought she was 13 weeks and it turned out she was 14 and a half so too late to do the measurement.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

Seven for a Secret posted:

To my complete shock, I got a faint second line on a pregnancy test this morning. My husband and I have been trying for a year, so this is so amazingly awesome. But I thought for sure my period was coming because I've been having crampy/gassy feelings for a few days. Is that a bad sign?

Congratulations :)

A lot of early pregnancy symptoms are identical to getting your period symptoms which can be pretty worrying but normal I think. Spotting and bleeding can be signs that there's something wrong (though sometimes not) and also very sharp pains to the side.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009
This is a bit gross but has anyone ever had a problem with a really manky taste in their mouth during pregnancy? I feel like I'm constantly brushing my teeth but it feels like my mouth is filled with horrible sludge within an hour.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

I've been getting cravings for pineapple, which I thought was a citrus fruit to be honest but google says no.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

Hastings posted:

And thirdly, what is the best way to kill and hide the body of a stranger who approaches me and massages my belly without asking? I literally had a woman inject her finger into my belly button yesterday at the grocery store. I had never met her. :psyduck: It's just frustrating..it's as if once you're pregnant you cease to be a person...you're just a vessel.

I had the postman do that to me when I was 9 weeks pregnant and not showing at all. We hadn't told people and I was in my husbands office wearing a kind of big shapeless coat so when he said 'oh you're expecting again' and poked me right in the stomach I had to say 'No, I'm just really fat' and give him death stares.

SmokeyXIII posted:

Forgive me for the EXCEEDINGLY goony question but I've been really curious lately. My wife is pregnant with our first one, shes 33 weeks along, getting really excited and such. I'm just curious how much video games I can realistically expect to play once the baby is around? I hate to sound like "OH NO MY VIDEO GAMES" but I really don't mean it that way, just legitimately curious about how all enveloping a new baby can be, will it be literally 24/7 no time for video games anymore?

Probably still a reasonable amount, but the way you play might change so if you're into MMO's you can't sign up for raids or make sure they understand you will be wandering off to do whatever the baby or wife needs. My husband and I both play the same MMO and we can play a couple of hours a night (half eight to about half ten) but about a quarter of the time we're on one or other of us is off dealing with kid related things.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

MoCookies posted:

MMOs are a bad choice for parents, in my opinion. Arranging for long, uninterrupted chunks of time is tough, and it doesn't give you the same payoff as other forms of relaxation.

I think that whatever forms of relaxation a parent enjoys in the precious little downtime we get is fine, and as long as the needs of the family are being met it doesn't matter if your hobby is MMO's, reading, carving doll furniture or building toy aeroplanes.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

MoCookies posted:

Sorry - this IS what I meant to say. Everybody couple negotiates baby-free time differently, and you absolutely should make time for what's really important to you.

Sorry, I was overly defensive :)

My mmo experience has been pretty much wandering about with my husband killing wolves and picking flowers rather than hard core raiding and I can see how raiding would go out the window unless as Lyz said you are in a guild that is parent friendly.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009
Are glucose tests a standard part of pregnancy in the US? They test our urine over here for abnormalities but nothing apart from that unless something dodgy shows up (which I've never had).

And I'm pretty sure Drpepper was just using hyperbole, not actually saying her world will end if she has to change her diet, or that she wouldn't go along with it.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009
This pregnancy is pineapple, last one was plums and the one before I craved tinned soup.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

rectal cushion posted:

Pap smears are safe (I had one at ten weeks in my first pregnancy) but they can make you spot a little bit. I've heard that pregnancy hormones can make them less accurate though. You probably don't need one every year. I only have them every other year I think?

I think it depends where you are as different countries use different methods. I had an appointment for one but when I told the nurse there was a chance I might be pregnant she wouldn't do one as here they poke right into the cervix rather than just the outside. In the UK though you only have to go every three years unless there's been an abnormality.

Best ting is to ask your midwife or whoever your main care provider in pregnancy is but from the sounds of it they'll probably advise you to skip it and get one soon after you give birth.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

sheri posted:

Here is a dumb question... I am a little over 14 weeks (14.2). I have always been a stomach sleeper. When should I make a conscious effort to stop sleeping on my stomach? Or will I be too big to want to do that before it makes much of a difference.

I kind of go to sleep half on my back, half on my side, and the degree is gradually getting more towards side as the bump gets bigger. When I'm asleep though I roll onto my back.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

sheri posted:

When did you all start showing with your first one?

With all pregnancies I just looked fat until about 8 months.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

Goobish posted:

I'm also really curious about what the name is. Are you afraid we'll steal it too? I'm not looking forward at all to the naming war me and the boyfriend are about to have. He's basically set on that if baby doesn't have his last name there will be a "problem." I don't feel as strongly about it but I know it's something I might regret, especially since we're not married. And even if we were I wouldn't change my last name. Fun times ahead.

It is difficult, I ended up giving my son my husbands last name but mainly because the wedding date was already set and my maiden name was a pain in the bum for people to spell (going by the amount of post we got with the wrong spelling) so I was happy to change it for myself.

Personally I think that if the mother is going to be the main care giver, going to doctors appointments, getting the 'your kid has thrown up in the hall please come and get him' calls etc it makes more sense that they have your name but choosing to do so is butting your head against centuries of tradition. My now brother in law didn't even think it was legal to call your kid anything bar the fathers name.

Edit: I'm finding it really hard to think of a boys name now, think I used all the ones I like. If anyone has any suggestions of a name that would go well with Alistair, Cameron and Connor I'd love to hear it :).

hookerbot 5000 fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Dec 27, 2012

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

sudont posted:

Another boy name I love but am so on the fence about : Ciaran (or Kieran or Keiran) If I was a boy, that was going to be my name, and I was horrified as a kid because "that's a GIRL name!" and I thought I would've been teased my whole life. Kids will find something in any name to tease, so I dunno. I also feel like it doesn't lend itself to any nicknames if the kid doesn't like it.

That's funny, Kieren is a pretty common name round here (Scotland) but I never realised it was a girl name as well. So is Rory but it's usually spelled the gaelic way up here - Ruaridh - which would definitely make it less of an easy to pronounce name if people weren't used to it.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

Copernic posted:

Benjamin is 2 months old and he is FAT as HELL. 8 lbs 8 oz at birth and 13 lbs 9 oz yesterday jesus christ. He is happy as can be. Breastfed.

I don't see a lot of material online about excessive newborn weight gain, and I'm fairly certain that it's not a problem. But I was wondering if there are any possible endocrine or other problems to watch for if this weight gain trend continues.

That doesn't seem too bad, looking at the birthweight chart it looks as though he's carrying on along the same percentile as he started on.

My youngest son and my niece were born about the same weight, and my kid went down to the 6th percentile by 2 months while my niece was up at the 99%th in the same time even though both were breastfed. Now they're both nearly 2 years and they are pretty much the same size again.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009
Edit: load of en crap.

Happy New Year everyone, hope 2013 is good to us all :)

hookerbot 5000 fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Jan 3, 2013

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

Fionnoula posted:

The year before Liam was born, I had a stillborn son. When I was pregnant with Liam, I basically felt like I was going through the motions the entire time. Like "I do these things and then at the end, I have labor and then I go home with no baby." I was generally hiding those feelings other than from my husband, pretending to the world that I was feeling all the "normal" feelings of pregnancy. Then during one appointment at some point early in my second trimester, my perinatalogist sat down and told me "It is ok to not feel attached to this pregnancy. It is normal. If you are feeling that way, you don't have to pretend, not here. That is a normal, I won't think badly of you or think you will be a bad mother. It is your brain trying to protect you from further pain and it is perfectly ok. You are safe here." It was like an enormous weight was lifted off me, to know that it was ok. So for what it's worth, there is no "right way" to feel about your pregnancy.

Thank you :)

And sorry to hear of the loss of your son, I can't even imagine how painful that would be. Getting hung up on an early miscarriage when I have 3 healthy children and knowing that some other people go through so much worse feels so petty.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

Sockmuppet posted:

I'm 14 weeks along, and this morning I started feeling kind of weird and tender in the uterus area - like the feeling after a pap smear, or period pains - but no cramping, just a constant, low-level tender sensation. I wouldn't think twice about it, exept that I've never had any similar discomfort during my pregnancy so far. I've tried googling, but found only info about early signs of pregnancy and late-term uterus action.

Can someone just tell me that this is completely normal so I can stop worrying?

I'm pretty sure it is, like Lyz says it's really bleeding that's the big sign that there might be a problem (and even then sometimes it's completely fine too). I had a dull ache pretty much constantly from 12 to 17 weeks but it's all fine.

I had my 20 week scan yesterday, everything looks nice and healthy and the midwife seems pretty sure that it's a girl. After 3 boys it'll be nice to use one of the names that have been on the girl list though of course now it's looking like we'll be using one we don't like the names we thought we did as much.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

rectal cushion posted:

I think recommendations vary from place to place. I'm in Norway, and they definitely recommend it here (for everyone, not just babies) because there just isn't enough sunlight most of the year).

I'm in Scotland and while I've not heard of the drops this pregnancy whe midwives were very adamant about needing to take a vitamin D supplement (although with my last pregnancy 2 years ago it wasn't mentioned so I assume it's based on new research). My sister in law is a couple of hundred miles south in England and she hasn't been told to take it which I'm guessing is down to the difference in sunlight.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

Bad Munki posted:

Yeah, I know I need to just harden up and call a daycare or two, I just wish there was a better way.

I think you see needing daycare as a failure or something, which is completely the wrong way to look at it. Working from home is a real time commitment, I don't know what you do obviously but my brother works from home and during that time he has the same issues that people working in offices do - deadlines etc, so he only works officially when his wife is off and at home with their daughter (they both work part time). And looking after a 9 month old is a real job as well. You can't take your eyes off them for a minute as it's the stage when they seem the most hung up on doing stuff that could conceivably kill them/cause huge bodily injury. Watching the video of your gorgeous daughter determinedly wiggling over to the pet bowls probably with the fiendish plan of pouring the water over her head is a pretty good example of the way they like to make our lives hard.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009
I would have got an epidural last time but the midwives didnt believe I was in labour and only bothered checking my cervix when I started screaming that I needed to push (10 minutes before he was born). They did give me 2 paracetamol though.

I am still a little bit bitter, and the only way I'll be going back there is if they drug me before I get in the door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009
I have a sore boob :(

It's just the left one, but it constantly throbs and feels like someone has been giving my nipple twists, but not on the nipple but kind of the area just a a bit to the side of it. There's also a weird mark on it that looks a bit like a lovebite but not in the same place that it's sore. It's been like this for a day or two and I'm 21 weeks pregnant - has anyone else had anything like this?