Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur
Liam is almost 15 pounds now (!!) and I am still using the newborn size Litewraps that are only supposed to go up to 10 pounds. Some of the brands of wraps are just big. I'm also still using the NB sized pre-folds in them. It all still fits him fine, and he isn't peeing through them (usually) and only blows them out when he poops (he's consolidated to one massive poop a day now) I have NB and small Litewraps that went through Midget, and then medium (brand new! :D) Bummi's for later.

I agree with anythingbutbloo about using disposables at first. They pee and poop constantly and since you're sleep deprived and trying to figure your parental crap out, just using a couple packs of disposables will make your life easier. Also, it's easier, I think, until their bellybutton falls off. I also use a disposable at night for the same reason. It's just easier.

Also, 60-64 at night isn't all that cold. Our house is set to 64 at night in the winter so we all can sleep better. Just use a good fleecy blanket sleeper and maybe a nightcap. I never used a sleep sack, I just use(d) a blanket. I know it's a no-no, but I just don't see the problem. I cover them up, and tuck the blanket under their armpits and around their back a little bit--so their arms are free. It may get kicked off, but they can't get it up over their face, which is the real danger. I did it with Midget; I do it now with Baby Wham (he's made it clear that he's done with being swaddled).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur
The "rule" that my pediatrician goes by is approximately 2.5 oz (75ml) per pound of body weight per day (24 hr). If he's more or less meeting this, and is happy and gaining weight all right, then don't sweat it much. Liam will be three months on the 4th (where does the time go?!) and he eats ~120-150ml at a time out of a bottle, and will nurse/bottle feed ~6 times during the day and one big sleepy nurse over night. (Around 3 am he wakes up and we lay together for 60-90 minutes dozing and him nursing--he probably ends up eating a ton then.)

AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur

MarshallX posted:

That would be 900mL for Grayson - if he was eating the entire 140mL at each feeding (which some days he does) he would be hitting 840mL total daily, yesterday I would say he only had 620ml as it was a particularly bad day... I guess we are fairly close, I just know he's been this way for 3 weeks or so now and am wondering when he will start eating more if it's such a hassle to get him past 100ml right now.

I'm probably being a bit anal-retentive here...

I understand the worry and watching the ounces (or mls in your case :) ) like a hawk. This is how it was with Midget. He NEVER had more than about 180 mls (6 oz) EVER at a time. He just never moved up to taking very big bottles. I'd have people tell me about their babies drinking 8 oz at 5-6 months old and I was losing my mind! He had a nasty case of reflux and had a pretty stressful aversion to bottles. :( At his worst, he would only under great duress take about 480 mls a day--a 4 month old! This is why I started him on solids the second he turned 4 months--I was really afraid he wasn't getting enough to eat. (Otherwise I was planning on not rushing it.) Poor kid got banana puree and mushed avocados constantly forever because it's so calorically dense. At least he loved it!

I don't say that to freak you out--believe me, you would know it if Grayson had reflux. That's just why I went through months of watching every mouthful of bottle with Tim. I'm sure Grayson is just fine. If he pees and poops and grows, then don't sweat it too much, really.

If he keeps up being fussy about it, or his growth stagnates or something, just talk to your ped. Worst thing might be you need a different kind of formula or something.