Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

I hope this question fits in the thread:

As part of Christmas, I’m putting together a big care package for my partner who is coming up on 5 months. So far, just a bunch of her favorite comfort foods and lotions etc.

What I’m wondering is if there is anything she’s gonna really need as the date draws closer that would also be suitable?

This is our first kid, so it’s all new to us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Thanks for the suggestions! That’s lots to work with.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Got a tiny 1.95 kg boy. From induced labor to birth was 7 hours. Just 6 minutes of pushing, which has got to be a record somewhere. Swaddled in a day-glo blue blanket to prevent jaundice. Our hospital room looks like a gaming pc exploded in it.

We’re breast feeding, doubled up with sneaking a syringe-fed straw in with the nip, followed by a second dinner of straw+my pinky or just a syringe while on his back, since he gets all tuckered out suckling.

Think we’re headed in the right direction. Poor little guy is too pissed off about being hungry/gassy to eat when he wakes up, but he’s got some good lungs and intake is increasing.

All I think about is putting food in our cute mini-babby. Hoping we can get to a point where I can instead think about sleeping.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Thank you! There aren’t many kids in my family so my frame reference is kinda warped. The other newborns in the unit all look really old to me.

He’s eating twice what he did yesterday and his back doesn’t look like a supermarket chicken anymore. Fingers crossed his weight and bilirubin count have improved

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Thanks for the reassurance.

The nurses scared the poo poo out of us yesterday about jaundice. The current plan is fewer meals but packing in as much food as possible in a short time, so he doesn’t spend too many calories suckling.

We’re keeping a log but it looks like it was written by a crazy person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Hadlock posted:

Sleep deprivation does make you pretty crazy, not gonna lie. It also inhibits forming long term memories. Take at a minimum, twice as many photos and 3x as many videos as you think you should, and always capture at least 1:00 of video, even if it's just dead air. You'll appreciate this later

You'll get through it

8 tears together and it took this for me to start taking pictures. Definitely covered on that front!

Anyways partner and kiddo were released from the hospital’s clutches today/yesterday and I think everything is fine. Current question is how much can a 2 kg baby possibly eat in one sitting. New PB tonight of close to 40ml followed by very angry suckling into coma