Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Hi we just adopted my wife's 17-yo cousin a week ago so he could avoid russian conscription and it's wonderful to be raising my large adult son.

Now learned I pumped one too many loads and my wife is pregnant. How do I babby? What do for pregnant wife? I'm happy but terrified. I did not expect two babies at 29.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

2DEG posted:

Read a pregnancy book if you're completely clueless on the process and what the preggo body goes through (my rec is the Mayo Clinic guide, but there's lots of good ones). For your wife, just do what she asks and try not to take stuff personally. Reading the parenting thread was actually really useful for me to prep for all the weird poo poo that kids can do. So far I haven't had too many surprises since I'd already read people's advice on so many situations/problems.

As an aside, I took a break from lurking the Ukraine thread for my own mental health, so I'm really happy to read you got the kid out successfully! I've got an early 20's cousin of my own out near Irkutsk, but my mom hasn't been in touch with my uncle so we don't know what's up with him.

Hey, thanks! He's been a big help even though it hasn't been two weeks! Love this rascal and I guess it's helpful to have a large child to prepare for the tiny child.

Is it normal to be like, hyper anxious? Like I've had this thread sitting open for a week on my laptop and was scared to open it. Powered through three pregnancy books. But my wife is a flight attendant and on one of her overnight stays away from home, and I'm all sweaty and can't sleep. So finally must post. I keep expecting "plane spontaneously explodes' and just started one of her favourite sauces for when she gets back tomorrow. I know she's going to show back up tomorrow like "chill papuchka I missed you too!" but I can't chill! And I know I'm here on the easier end of the pregnancy. I have to be anxious, she has to be pregnant for six or seven more months and then give birth.

I guess my question is how future dads got through massive anxiety? Is the anxiety normal? I never really had existential fear about when she had an overnight flight like I do now. :(

And how do I get through seven more months of this, although I know the answer to that question is "listen to your wife and hug her."

And my dad was an abusive piece of poo poo, too, so like, I really want to be good. My wife is by far and away the best person I've ever met and I want to be the opposite of my father. I'm so in love with her and the kid and so scared, and so sorry for this wall of text

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
My wife feels gross for slightly showing, how do I say she's a total hottie without sounding condescending?

Keeping in mind I'm a newish bi and mostly have dated other dudes for a long time.

Is "drat girl nice butt" at random ok?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Chernobyl Princess posted:

It's never a bad thing to let your partner know you find them attractive, but you may want to have a conversation with her about why showing makes her feel gross. If it's less to do with feeling unsexy and more to do with a visible reminder of how her body is no longer her own to control... Being reminded of someone else's sexual desires may not be the thing that helps.

Basically she's never been through this before either, so she may be as confused/blindsided as you are by her own reactions to stuff, so just talking frankly about it can be extremely helpful to you both!

My wife's a flight attendant and I'm a plane mechanic, and now I've got a second job cuz baby so we get like single digit hours a week together. Sometimes it's literally just walk past her in a hallway and hug. And then she gets harassed all the drat time bc flight attendant, her uniform is anime schoolgirl. I feel so poo poo for not being able to help. Like she'll be all "ugh I had to throw up in LA today and I'm really scared it felt like I was about to have a heart attack" and I can't do poo poo for my favourite person. How do people do it?

e: and our relationship is perfect otherwise, like it's like there's no resentment it's just "i miss you" and sometimes "gently caress being pregnant sucks" and I want to help and I can't

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 01:42 on May 26, 2022

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Anybody have some particular advice for twins?

Like my wife was scared but cool with the idea of one kid, the fact she's going to have to do two in one go is really getting to her. Which I get as much as I possibly can but I'm obvs not the one the has to be pregnant or give birth to two whole people. I'm scared for her. Yikes. I don't want my wife to be in pain and I feel useless as a partner and she's already in pain before the worst part and I hate how she feels like being sick or tired or poopin or whatever is shameful cuz it's ok lyubimaya I'm down for all of you. Anyways I'll have a baconator.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Hey, anybody have advice for dealing with being twin pregnant? Ours are fine but my wife is having pains because of the two jerks inside of her, and I want all to feel good

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Peaches in paradise my wife pissed positive three times and she’s barely a year out from an emergency C-section from carrying twins while 5 nothin and 90lbs sopping wet

We already had the conversation and agreed about wanting to keep them, hopefully just the one this time

But any of you womb having goons have advice for what the ballsack parent should do? Last time I was pretty much useless, pregnancy seems like a terrible time and as the person who isn’t carrying a whole rear end human or two inside me I would like to be helpful this time round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

froglet posted:

An update to this - I have such an oversupply I am now donating to the local milk bank for premature babies.

It's kinda funny given that I thought I wouldn't have enough, but I'm happy I'm able to donate :unsmith:

Having had premature babies- hey, thanks <3