Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

We’re a week shy of 3 months and this baby has decided to stop napping.

She has never cared much for daytime naps, we would get one over an hour per day if we were lucky and then a string of almost exactly 30-minute catnaps.

Lately she just won’t go to sleep. She shows all of the signs of being tired, and will fall asleep in our arms, but then jolts awake shortly after being put down. She’s gotta be extremely overtired by this point, she hasn’t taken a real nap in two days.

How can I get this baby to nap during the day? We have the basics covered including swaddling, white noise, soothing, etc. It’s obvious she’s tired. She just won’t go down.

Fortunately she consistently does pretty well at night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Eeyo posted:

You said she'd fall asleep in your arms. Have you tried to get her in the crib before that point? Like get her fed and burped then just lay her down when she's primed.

And what's the light like in her room? We've always kept our boy's room as sleep and diaper change only so it's blackout curtains all day. We would feed him in the living room where it's lighter and then the transition to darkness helps him get ready for sleep.

And you may not want to hear this but it may just be a phase. At 3 months they're still basically larva and just kinda bumble through the world. She may just need to work through it and get back on a better schedule, then she'll be able to sleep better since she's getting better sleep.
She’s generally very awake. We’ve got to swaddle and soothe her just to get her to go down without a fight.

Light is as dark as we can make it. Not blackout curtains, but lights off and curtains drawn.

I suspect it is a phase, just trying to figure out anything I can to help. It’s pretty hard on my wife especially. We just keep putting her down and she keeps popping back up.